VP, Continuous ImprovementApply Job ID: R-019328 Date posted: 11/15/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking an experienced VP, Continuous Improvement to join the Care team. This role will lead business process improvements for Care initiatives to optimize, reengineer and streamline processes while improving overall effectiveness and efficiencies. The person would lead cross-functional teams and apply process engineering principles to design optimized business processes and improve overall performance. The person would apply the best practices for business performance improvement and process design, is able to evaluate and assess gaps and opportunities and develop scalable outcomes.
The person will work with Technical Leaders to identify IT capability, limitations, and support changes including but not limited to Automation and RPA technologies. In this position, the person will strategize with the business team to develop solutions with a focus on process improvement, automation, robotics, quality control, machine learning and scalability. Our ideal candidate has the strong communications skills required to succeed as part of a dynamic cross-functional team within a SAFe - Agile based environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Analysis: Identifies data source, gathers and analyzes data relevant to processes identified for process improvement initiatives. May recommend data requirements. Develop and evaluate metrics to measure process improvement outcomes and their alignment with strategic program objective.
- Research: May research and summarize best practice standards relevant to process management. Makes recommendations on appropriate solutions based on research.
- Process Architecture: Designs processes using defined methods. Ensures process mapping is complete; provides feedback and guidance to less senior analysts/consultants. Interviews stakeholders and process owners to define processes.
- Process Recommendations: Prepares process recommendation documents, including presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements and related impact analyses for less complex processes or for portions of larger or inter-related processes. Lead and facilitate business process improvement sessions to develop processes as well as collaborate on process assessment, streamlining, redesign and opportunities for improvement or automation / RPA. Expected to apply Lean Six Sigma concepts and techniques to process improvement initiatives, including completing Lean Six Sigma analyses and tasks.
- Performance Management & Control: Develops performance metrics to establish process success. Reviews data post- implementation to measure outcomes and impacts. May develop recommendations to minimize impacts.
- Change Management: Participate in change management activities associated with process improvement. Engages leadership and stakeholders to obtain support and buy in for changes. Partners with management, project champions, and process owners to align process improvement initiatives with business objectives.
Engage with business stakeholders to identify challenges and objectives. In partnership with business stakeholders, build, analyze and transform operating processes across Service, Trading and Operations. Drive growth mindset and continuous improvement by training yourself and business process managers/analysts within the Care organization
Direct experience leading and transforming end-to-end process improvement; designing processes and defining metrics
- Deep knowledge of and experience designing and building Service, Operations and Trading processes in wealth management industry
- Demonstrated expertise in defining and analyzing performance metrics leveraging process design best practices
- Minimum of 8+ of experience in process improvement and process re-engineering domains in wealth management or related industry
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Design Thinking, or Agile-Scrum Methodology training/certification documenting technology integrations and strategies and using the Systems Development Life Cycle or related methodology to implement large, complex, technical projects strongly preferred
- Extensive experience facilitating Kaizen and implementing/supporting a Lean Management System preferred
- Experience in training employees on business process standardization practices is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Creative, adaptive and an experienced practitioner; with a growth mindset and superior collaboration skills
- Able to create and stop and see the big picture while also rolling up the sleeves to "get into the details" as needed
- Superior communication and collaboration skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization; inclusive of written and verbal communications
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experience in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Industrial Engineering required
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is required and Master Black Belt is highly desirable
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.