VP, ConversionsApply Job ID: R-022618 Date posted: 04/28/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations KS-Overland Park , CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Are you solution-oriented and passionate about delivering results? Do you like thinking outside the box, learning new skills and problem solving? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Vice President (VP) of Operations, Conversions, & Integration (OCI) will be a senior level leader within the CARE organization responsible for strategic and tactical operational activities associated with firm level mergers and acquisitions. The VP is accountable for execution of the overall functional strategy, while also ensuring alignment with department and organizational initiatives with a focus on validation and reconciliation, deal specific capabilities and process improvement.
The candidate must possess strong communication, time management, organizational, and analytical skills with a good eye for identifying and understanding firm risk and regulatory guidelines as well as client experience. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in brokerage/financial services, with specific experience in back office operations related to asset transfers including registered representatives and customer accounts.
- Develop, prioritize and execute a roadmap for the strategic vision of the organization and department
- Utilize key operational and transactional data to derive actionable insights that will improve operational performance and advisor experience. Make improvement recommendations (supported by data and metrics) to Executive Leadership Team
- Evaluate and communicate to senior management, trends and emerging issues affecting current business strategies and indicate new strategic opportunities
- Consistently develop people through coaching, rewards and recognition, and providing experienced based developmental opportunities
- Intensive collaboration with business partners to ensure capabilities are delivered in a manner that meets our objectives
- You can think strategically and have a good eye for what may be coming.
- You make well educated decisions, that are fact based and metrics driven to realize goals and objectives
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Have at least 10 years of experience relating to Broker/Dealer Operations
- Have experience managing risk, both regulatory and firm based.
- Experience in project/program creation, execution, and measurement
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey the message in a way that best meets the needs of the audience (i.e., PowerPoint)
- Have series 7 or can achieve any licensing requirements within 90 days of hire. Additional licensing encouraged.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization through daily interaction with Senior Management across LPL
- Advanced training and experience in project management, six sigma, product life cycles, and/or composing technical business requirement documents are favorable
- Advanced user of business tools such as MS Office Suite,Power Point, Tableau, Smartsheet
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.