VP, Culture & EngagementApply Job ID: R-015976 Date posted: 07/06/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
As the Vice President of Culture, you will be responsible for the implementation and management of culture and engagement programs at LPL Financial, and lead a program team comprised of employees from all business units who have been assigned the additional duties of building a client-centric culture. You will be responsible for gathering relevant information from internal and external sources to establish insights into what resources are needed for this transformation to be successful and last.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the areas of change management, process improvement, learning delivery and leadership development.
- Act as an effective, trusted and credible advisor to leaders on people, culture and engagement, and employee-centric programs to support company purpose, mission and values
- Ensure operational plan improvement, promote a culture of high performance and continuous business process improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, and drives efficiency using a proactive and anticipatory approach resulting in an enhanced employee experience
- Partner across HC to ensure LPL’s culture is ingrained in all employee systems such as performance management, rewards and recognition, learning and development, and succession planning
- Support organizational change management and engagement ensuring it is reinforced for effectiveness
- Proven leadership skills, initiative, ability to identify tasks and develop plans, and able to identify risks that could have a material impact on the Company’s culture and engagement
- Ability to work with and leverage external vendor partners, while understanding the role, value provided and when to engage with external consultants
- Understands and is able to implement a framework that directly ties into the organization’s management framework and business goals
Fact Based and Analytical Decision Making:
- Execution-oriented, utilizes ‘fact based’ decision-making; delivers repeatable, sustainable results
- Able to view and analyze data, looking for key trends, insights and themes, and hone in on that data set to inform decision making
- Proven ability and skill set to understand and leverage data and data analytics, and to make recommendations, decisions, and fact-based presentations
- Able to effectively communicate results to employees and leaders at all levels
- Passion to drive change across a multi-faceted organization
- Able to see both opportunities for improvement, with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness
- Willingness and ability to continuously improve the culture and engagement programs as business and organizational needs evolve
- Seeks out, leverages and incorporates diverse perspectives; identifies new ways to approach a problem; an excellent listener who gathers data and feedback for consideration as an integral and key part of decision making
- Proven track record of leading successful operations’ areas and building relationships across the organization
- 10+ years’ people leadership experience across several disciplines, including, but not limited to; human capital, process improvement, project management, and operations
- Change leadership excellence and experience to include LEAN principles and experience in integrations, offshoring, and other changes to the business model
- Experience leading and motivating a direct report and cross-functional team and influencing others outside of direct reporting relationship
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization through daily interaction with Senior Management across LPL
- Ability to excel in a deadline driven, high-risk based environment, oversee and enforce Firm and regulatory requirements
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Ability to leverage others expertise and experience in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks
- Operate in a team environment with a focus on employee satisfaction
- Self-reliant, expert problem solver, results oriented
- Holds oneself and team accountable for decisions, direction and deadlines
- Mature, credible, trustworthy and comfortable in dealing with senior executives
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.