VP, DevSecOps ManagerApply Job ID: R-012143 Date posted: 01/20/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
This is a highly visible role leading the function and resources of DevSecOps team within the Advisor and Client Technology organization. In this role you will be responsible for leading the DevSecOps maturity across the organization that includes standardization, tool consolidation, CI/CD automation and self-service enablement for Application developers to deliver on software changes that meet the security and quality standards. You will have direct oversight of people, processes and tools supporting the developers deliver software changes efficiently.
As a technical leader, you will help establish and execute against the vision/roadmap for DevSecOps modernization that includes but not limited to leading technical staff to build/enhance automated deployment and testing capabilities including continuous integration, continuous delivery pipelines, reporting providing insights into the Application developer productivity and delivery quality.
What will you be responsible for?
- DevSecOps Maturity that promotes transparency into the quality of the change products empowering Application Development teams to deliver changes at a faster pace without impacting the customers
- DevSecOps advocate providing leadership, oversight, support for the Application development teams to help achieve delivery, productivity, service, security and quality goals.
- Establish the roadmap with clear milestones driving the DevSecOps maturity across the organization
- Risk aware vs Risk averse delivery with measurable insights into security and quality of the change.
- Drive tool and process standardization with adequate controls and reporting providing insights into the change delivery process across On-Prem and Cloud infrastructure.
- Drive Container adoption with the standard DevSecOps automation ensuring secure and quality delivery.
- Promote and lead the adoption of innovative technology practices and continuous improvement processes that deliver business value.
- •Leadership & People Management- Develop future leaders & Engineering Craftsmanship.
- You will be responsible for team’s continuous learning & upskilling via experiments, online courses & yearly development plans.
- Work closely with staff and management team to formulate, implement and measure outcomes of strategic plans and goals.
- Recruit, retain and foster development of a diverse team with an appropriate mix of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Identify and develop staff with leadership and management potential.
- Develop, motivate, and evaluate performance of staff, which includes managing staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback and evaluating performance on any of the preceding duties.
- Should be able to attract respect as technical coach & advisor to team. Build a team that leads with engineering craftsmanship & innovative ways to solve same problems exponentially faster and cheaper.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for hands-on engineering leader who has demonstrated experience leading the DevSecOps practice (Standards, CI/CD automation, tooling, reporting etc.,) accelerating the Software delivery and quality by the Application development teams in a large and matrixed organization. The ideal leader should be an influencer, strong collaborators who can effectively communicate and provide transparency on the progress. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, can absorb and retain information quickly, and can execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in computer science, management information systems or comparable technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically has 12+ years of broad technical experience in one or more areas of information technology or management information systems. Experience to include managing highly complex projects, programs or technology platforms.
- 5 years of experience leading DevSecOps discipline accelerating software delivery. Solid understanding of the DevSecOps ecosystem and technology stack (e.g. TFS, Teamcity, Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, X-Ray, GitLab, Fortify, SonarQube, Octopus, Ansible, Azure DevOps, AWS, Google Cloud etc.,).
- Broad knowledge of current trends in information technology practices and deeper understanding of application delivery and engineering practices.
- Change agent with proven record of addressing substantial challenges and successfully driving significant change.
- Strong business acumen with excellent organizational, problem solving, financial, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent day-to-day operating management skills – ability to execute coupled with a disciplined approach and manage risk.
- Commitment to delivering a great customer experience with a personal and professional value system.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with at all levels both verbally and in writing driving the desired outcomes.
- Has lead & managed engineering teams with FTEs and Vendor contractors directly reporting to him/her.
- Has experience in managing to the budget & as well as supporting continuous planning process.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.