VP, Digital SolutionsApply Job ID: R-015852 Date posted: 07/29/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking an experienced Business Owner to be responsible for the Strategy and Execution/Implementation of new platforms and practices to support the ongoing digital transformation of Operations.
This position will report directly to the SVP of Operations Strategy and will actively partner with teams inside and outside of operations to drive planning and delivery of new capabilities. This individual will have a key coordinating role in analyzing the backlogs of solution opportunities across Operations and their priority on behalf of the business. This will be done in alignment with the Operations Transformation Strategy and the goal of delivering a differentiated service experience to our clients while creating economies of scale. This individual will also facilitate communities of practice within Operations to build skill amongst the broader Business Owner community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise for assessing areas of improvement for the transformation of current operations functions.
- Thought leadership on the selection and implementation of Operational solutions for the firm to support institutions at scale.
- Oversee and report on status of a portfolio of technology initiatives focused on improving Operations.
- Management of and negotiation with vendors on solutions and requirements in development of industry leading/competitive offerings.
- Assess Risks and understand controls needs within Operational functions and solutions as we seek to automate business processes at scale.
- Manage business needs and requirements of shared digital platforms and infrastructure for Operations.
- Align practices and communications related to digital transformation to the agile framework.
- Communicate with critical business partners as needed for requirements and transparency of transformation efforts – particularly with LPL Product and Technology teams.
- Drive communication, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated platform and infrastructure issues as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technology discipline or related fields
- Strong demonstrated leadership, mentorship, and team management capabilities in a distributed environment.
- Preferred experience : Lean, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, Design Thinking, or Agile-Scrum Methodology
- Preferred experience: Knowledge of the Financial Services
- Strong project and program management skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills across lines of business
- Experience serving as liaison between IT and business functional areas
- Experience as a liaison between sales, compliance and operations
- Experience with business systems analysis or business process design experience or a combination of both
Required Skills and Abilities
- Adaptable and highly self-motivated in pursuing intelligent automation and emerging technologies.
- Solid experience in presentation and excellent verbal/written communications.
- Solution oriented, synthesizing and analytical skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to achieve results through vendors, and team members, proficient organizational skills, demonstrated passion for execution excellence and agility.
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency.
- Executive presence and ability to simplify complex concepts for consumption by senior business leaders.
- Business acumen in wealth management or related fields is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively interact with the full spectrum of disciplines necessary through the development lifecycle (i.e. Business Process Design, Analysis, Functional / Technical Design, Development, Architecture)
- Change Agent, able to define the future state and implement change as necessary
- Proven ability as a structured, logical thinker
- Rich experience with formal quality systems, such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Creative, flexible and an experienced practitioner; with a growth mindset and superior collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering degree from an accredited University or College
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.