VP, External Sales - Insurance
Do you have a strong ability to lead teams to drive sales?
Do you have experience field wholesaling insurance products and leading teams of external wholesalers?
Do you have a strong understanding of the life insurance sales process?
Do you have the ability to lead people on a collaborative mission?
Do you have the ability to work with our Carrier partners to develop field workshops and training events?
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The LPL Insurance Associates team within LPL’s National Sales & Consulting division is looking for an experienced External Sales Leader that will execute on field engagement to achieve the LPL Insurance sales plan. The leader is responsible for our external sales team and partnering with carrier wholesale teams.
- Achieve the LPL Insurance Sales Plan
- Lead the LPL external sales team
- Manage field wholesaling activities with carrier partners
- Develop a field marketing calendar
- Partner with other areas of LPL (e.g., Financial Planning, Private Client, etc.) to leverage events to drive Insurance awareness and Sales
- Serve as lead on developing Insurance presence at LPL conferences
- Partner with the Internal Sales Desk to establish internal follow up for field marketing events
- Develop pipeline reporting and ensure sales efforts are documented in SalesForce or other tools as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by management
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- BGA or Carrier field wholesaling experience with Life and LTC/hybrid products
- Strong knowledge of life insurance sales concepts
- Ability to use data to help drive sale efforts
- 3+ years’ people management experience within the insurance industry, preferable leading external wholesale teams
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Finance (or a related discipline) is preferred
- High level of self-motivation is required
- Ability to inspire and motivate a team to meet sales goals
- World-leading customer service skills is required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast paced environment is required
- Effective communication and writing skills are required
- Ability to work within a team and take the initiative
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to excellence and integrity
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.