VP, Finance (Capital Management- Credit Risk & Loan Servicing)Apply Job ID: R-013088 Date posted: 02/18/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you someone with leadership and customer service experience and a background in broker dealer lending or credit/counterparty risk management?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Capital Management department managing our Credit Risk and Loan Servicing team. As the Vice President of Credit Risk and Loan Servicing, you will develop and implement the strategy for the credit risk and advisor loan servicing function, and will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our executive management team make informed decisions as well as drive and maintain efficient day to day operations. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, technical knowledge and leadership skills to develop and deliver tools enabling informed decision making to drive continuous strategic growth.
The Capital Management group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and collaborating with other business units providing overall financial and capital deployment support. The Credit Risk and Loan Servicing team is responsible for setting credit risk guidelines, implementing business systems, processes and controls to ensure the company is protected against credit and counterparty risks, as well as ensuring loan customers are supported through strategic systems, processes and personnel from initial loan documentation to final loan payoff. This role will have direct exposure to top level management including C-Level executives.
What will you do?
- Work with advisor loan underwriting and advisor M&A teams to develop a credit risk management strategy that protects the company while enabling loan solutions that support advisor growth
- Work with other departments including Client Compensation, Controllership, Business Consulting, Business Development, Technology and Compliance Legal and Risk to develop advisor loan servicing systems and processes that support the advisor lending initiative
- Work with Operations, Controllership and Compliance Legal and Risk to manage credit risks associated with end-client lending, such as margin and securities backed lines of credit
- Maintain efficient processes to ensure the execution of the team’s initiatives
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure
- Monitor the team’s timely adherence to service level agreements through dashboards and reports, investigating and addressing instances where commitments are not being met
- Produce metrics to illustrate business unit’s accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
- Creating reporting and analysis to keep leadership informed on credit and counterparty risks, and to enable and drive business decisions on credit risk and loan servicing opportunities
- Handle escalations by both internal business partners and our Advisors
- Maintain and enhance internal controls, supporting Internal Audit and Compliance quarterly/annual controls testing
- Provide ongoing support, coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities to address staff needs in order to engage them and help them be more effective and successful
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
You will have gained a clear understanding of the team’s existing processes and responsibilities, and developed a strategic plan to move the department forward
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required
- 8-12+ years corporate finance, risk management and/or compliance experience required, preferably within a securities broker dealer environment
- Leadership/management experience required
- Prior experience with establishing and implementing strategic initiatives
- Experience developing and implementing counterparty and credit risk management systems and processes is a plus
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools is a plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other SaaS reporting tools)
- Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Proven track record of attracting, developing and retaining a talented professional level team
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.