VP, FinanceApply Job ID: R-010653 Date posted: 08/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you someone with a strong background in financial analysis in a leadership role?
Do you strive to be a best in class business partner?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
Be part of the group’s success as we look for talented individuals to lead and work through evolutionary change within the finance organization. Reporting directly to the SVP, Finance, the VP, Finance leads the financial planning and analysis function for the Technology business unit at LPL Financial. The VP, Finance partners with Technology on providing decision-making support to investments and resources, forecast analysis and effective budgeting and reporting through fact based analysis of key metrics and thoughtful recommendations, and by providing objective financial analysis of projects and trends.
Finance’s mission is to be a valued business partner to line and support teams and improve the profitability of our company.
What will you do?
The position will work to define and report on meaningful financial and operational metrics that support the business in its decisions and will partner closely with Technology through the agile transformation. The individual will employ exceptional financial analysis skills to coach their team to build thoughtful and positive growth-centric recommendations and elevate what we are currently doing.
1. Be the primary point person interfacing between the Finance organization and various business units.
2. Oversee budgeting and monthly forecasting including recommendations for improved financial performance.
3. Provide senior management with insights into drivers of revenue, risks and opportunities.
4. Present variance analysis results to senior management and recommend actions to meet budget.
5. Drive continuous improvement in all financial processes, leveraging technology and staffing resources.
6. Prepare and review financial analysis such as new business opportunities, operating platforms, pricing alternatives for presentation to leadership of the various business units, CFO, and other members of the Management Committee.
7. Audit and review of financial models to ensure they are both accurate and updated to reflect changing business needs.
8. Coach and develop Financial Analysts on their technical skills with forecasting, working towards reduced results variability over time.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
Success will include effectively building relationships with key stakeholders, understanding LPL finances, and having a general understanding of how the company operates.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
1. Minimum 10 years of finance experience, preferably technology finance
2. 3+ years of management experience
3. BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA or CFA a plus.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.