VP, Financial ReportingApply Job ID: R-016296 Date posted: 07/09/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you someone looking to continue your Financial Reporting career in an exciting and growing company?
Are you looking for a fast-paced, evolving and changing environment? Are you a strong team player and interested in working with and leading a high performing team?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission
The Vice President of Financial Reporting will lead and manage the Financial Reporting team. This role will oversee and be responsible for various SEC reports, filings and financial statements.
• Lead and manage the Financial Reporting team with the preparation and review of all SEC reporting, including the annual report, 10-K, 10-Q, earnings release, 8-K, proxy statements and XBRL tagging.
• Responsible for the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis and all other components of the filings.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with General Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP) processes and controls to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
• Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal and investor relations departments.
• Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases.
• Prepare and/or assist with quarterly and annual internal Board of Directors, Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee packages.
• Work with external and internal auditors on request for assistance.
• Prepare audit schedules and interface with external auditors as necessary.
• Assist with ad hoc projects and responsibilities as needed.
• Work collaboratively within Finance, as well as partnering with the business units
What are we looking for?
We want an effective leader with a strong financial reporting background that thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple concurrent projects. This person should have
excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational companies; including experience at a Big 4 accounting firm (preferably at manager level or above)
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations.
• Must have prior hands on SEC reporting experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• CPA license
• Experience with Workiva a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.