VP - Institution Services Strategic Relationship ConsultantApply Job ID: R-024335 Date posted: 08/01/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
Do you have leadership experience within a Bank and/or Credit Union?
Do you like to build strategic partnerships?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL is the industry leader in the third-party bank and credit union broker/dealer space. We will continue to achieve success through our commitment to attracting thought leaders, investment in world-class wealth management solutions and a singular focus on our clients. The Vice President, Strategic Relationship Consultant, sits within the Institution Services Business Consulting Group and will support a finite number of LPL’s partnerships with Banks and Credit Unions, to engage in highly impactful consulting outcomes. Success in the role will be measured by client satisfaction, retention and institution growth. Given the complexities and nuances of this unique wealth management channel, an ideal candidate will possess extensive experience in a sales and/or a strategic leadership role with a leading bank or credit union and demonstrate a historical record of success. This role will also require acumen in engaging multiple levels within an organization including at the executive level. Other requisite skills include sales management, project management and analytical strength to help identify, define, articulate and mobilize strategy, to ultimately guide our clients through an evolutionary journey towards next-level outcomes.
- Develop a full understanding of the portfolio of institutions and their business objectives
- Establish necessary credibility to “earn a seat at the table” as a strategic partner in defining and executing complex strategic plans that will drive growth outcomes, capabilities adoptions & enhance client loyalty & retention
- Partner to define and execute on mutual objectives – including but not limited to Advisor success, client experience, expanding contribution to the overall institution, creating operational efficiency, along with focusing on risk management
- Leverage the vast resources of LPL in advancing financial institutions towards next-level outcomes that are consistent with firm policies, procedures, and processes.
- Focus on net new asset growth & embedding program optimization principles within this portfolio of partner institutions
- Conduct home office and field visits to Financial Advisors, Program Managers and executives at LPL Financial institution clients.
- Approach each client interaction with purpose and intentionality towards deepening the LPL relationship with the financial institution
- Represent IS Business Consulting in several conference venues and forums throughout the year, to include content creation for presenting
- Live into LPL’s Value System
- Participate in committees to provide thoughtful expertise and insights to further the success of the team, your clients and LPL
- Create and implement a successful framework for change management situations
- Demonstrate form and structure in routines
- Present complex topics in an understandable way, across multiple business to drive informed decision making
- Partner with internal and external customers in bringing solutions to life
- Integrate and direct people, practices and processes - often across multiple functions and business units
- Articulate LPL and industry best practices to help the institution, Program Manager, Financial Consultant, and staff understand how to improve through actionable activities and execution
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Previous experience in bank or credit union leadership role strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably in a sales or strategic leadership role
- Series 7 and 63
- Series 24 and/or CFP preferred
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability
- Able to translate high level business directives into operational procedures
- Participation on project teams providing the advisor/program point of view and exercising sound judgment and recommendations
- Budget and expense management of territory
- Experience with Contact Management Systems, specifically Salesforce.com and standard MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.