VP, Insurance DistributionApply Job ID: R-021699 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Have you led life insurance distribution teams and strategy?
Do you have a passion for leading & coaching a results-oriented, client-facing sales team?
Do you desire to expand your career, lead change, and partner with senior leadership to drive strategy and execution?
If so, this might be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Insurance Associates is looking for a VP of distribution to lead our insurance consulting teams and phone desk to drive growth for our affiliated advisors. LPL Insurance Associates is a brokerage general agency offering life, long-term care, and disability insurance products through the LPL advisor network. The insurance consulting team works both proactively and reactively helping financial advisors offer insurance products to their clients and prospects. This team provides case design support, illustration preparation, and product recommendations.
- In partnership with the SVP of Insurance, develop distribution strategy for our advisor segments
- Lead and engage a team of approximately 15 which includes our inbound phone desk, our insurance sales desk, (a team of insurance sales consultants that assist LPL Financial advisors in offering life, long-term care, and disability insurance products to their clients) and the potential to add other sales roles in the future
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the insurance team to drive growth for the agency
- Establish key metrics for the team and drive accountability
- Maintain staffing levels and service level agreements to manage the workflow and activity
- Develop and deploy sales marketing and campaign initiatives to drive desired production outcomes
- Oversee pilots within the organization to learn how we can best support advisors for the future
- Participate on the LPL Insurance Associates management team to lead the strategic direction of our insurance business
- Build and maintain relationships with our carrier partners and develop execution plans in partnership
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of experience in the insurance industry
- Required licenses: FINRA Series 6 and/or 7, and a state life/health license
- Insurance Wholesaling / Brokerage General Agency (BGA) experience and prior sales management experience is required.
- Preferred designations: Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) and/or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Ability to share a strong vision, create followership, and a passion for developing talent
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and extremely organized
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.