VP, Internal Sales DeskApply Job ID: R-007925 Date posted: 11/06/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The VP of the Internal Advisor Recruiting team will report to the SVP of Internal Recruiting and will work with the department’s leadership in an effort to recruited assets to LPL (AUM & Advisors), activity and developmental growth for the East internal recruiting team.
The VP, Internal Advisor Recruiting will be responsible for the direct management of the East Internal Regional Directors and Sales Support team based in Fort Mill. Other functions include participation in overall team management and strategy execution.
- Ability to design and create reporting that integrates seamlessly with LPL systems.
- Ability to design and implement sales actions that align with recruiting sales process and methodology.
- Ability to identify and use data and analytics to to create and support sales initiatives that ensure the IRD team is targeting the right recruiting segments within IRD(s) territory.
- Increase the firm’s profitability through the leadership and management of the East IRD team, each responsible for individual and shared AUM GDC goals associated with increased recruiting and driving larger numbers of more profitable recruit segments onto the LPL platform. Includes the management of IRD activity metrics such as prospecting, lead qualifying, meetings set and pipeline stage movement.
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting, including competitive intelligence. This includes developing strategic partnerships with other departments within LPL that partner closely with recruiting as well as coaching the home office presenters on who our competitors are and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business.
- Training, mentoring and advocating for the team, equipping them to be highly productive in their current role and identify specific areas of development that are necessary to equip them for growth into future roles.
- Actively implement, execute and own LPL’s Home Office Visit (HOV) strategy and experience in Fort mill, driving overall end-client satisfaction and increasing pipeline closure rates.
- Ongoing collaboration with the Business Development management team to build a scorecard and tracking system with regular report outs.
- Develop and oversee the tactics used for enhancing lead generation
- Creating and tracking incentive compensation for team based on lead generation results
- Establishing, communicating and reporting on ongoing metrics and targets for employees on the team
- Responsible for performance management and accountability measurements for employees on the team
- Conducting side by side session with each member of the IRD to ensure
- Use of Sales Call Process
- Use and leverage of systems and tools
- Regular call blocking for proactive reach out
- Provide coaching and guidance around territory nuances
- Creation of sales contests and other means to consistently motivate a phone based sales organization
- Develop strategic partnerships with other team leaders and other departments across LPL as appropriate
- Responsible for working with department leadership on elements of the business and/or functional strategy implementation and management across department and company-wide functions or projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related areas
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated use of data and analytics to support strategic sales initiatives of inside sales team.
- Demonstrated ability in the design and implementation of Performance Management Standards.
- Series 7 and 66
- At least 10+ years of Financial Services experience in a sales related role, with majority of sales experience being the management of inside sales team.
- Deep understanding of Financial Advisors' practices, pain points, and opportunities
- Intimate understanding of the investment services industry; well-versed in trends, and regulatory changes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate with executive level leadership
- Comfortable with traveling at least 4 to 6 times per year for management meetings, conferences, sales training, etc.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.