VP - Platform Middleware EngineeringApply Job ID: R-005714 Date posted: 01/31/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Vice President, Platform Middleware Engineering has overall responsibility for driving the integrated engineering model for the Platform Middleware Engineering team. This role provides strategic direction and leadership in the research, evaluation, design, engineering and delivery of advanced distributed computing or enterprise computing infrastructures while fully supporting the needs of the enterprise. This position leads the teams accountable for creating platform roadmaps, global strategies, operating policies and secure, efficient controls. In addition, this role aids in major project planning and execution, and represents the Platform Middleware Engineering team at Senior Leadership and Management forums.
The VP of Platform Middleware Engineering will be directly responsible for realizing and enabling the vision of the Platform Middleware Engineering team.
- Create and drive the vision, mission and functional oversight of the Platform Engineering team (Middleware, SDLC tools & processes and distribution/automation platforms)
- Set clear objectives to produce measurable results
- Support the Platform Engineering roadmap and ensure its implementation throughout the development life cycle
- Ensure the stability of the production computing environment
- Provide actionable metrics and insights into the performance and operational health of the platforms
- Work with other team members to investigate best design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Influence and support the culture, values and standards of the IT organization
- Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution and professional growth
- Partnership with key leaders within Engineering, Service Operations, Application Development, Enterprise Architecture and ITSM organizations
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
- Create and pursue process and efficiency improvement opportunities
Travel requirements: 15-20%
- Reports to: Senior Vice President, Engineering
- Key Stakeholders: Senior leaders across Service Operations, Application Development, Application Maintenance & Support, Global Infrastructure, and Engineering organizations
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 15+ years of progressive experience in an IT function, with a dedicated focus on Platform Middleware Engineering (Tibco, Mulesoft, DataPower, etc.)
- 10+ years of progressive experience working within large, global financial institutions.
- Demonstrated success implementing large global Platform Middleware Engineering function across a Fortune 100 Company.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the regulatory, security, privacy and risk safeguards required of a global financial institution.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, Agile and ITIL processes and frameworks.
- Ability to foster and drive organizational change, within a highly matrixed environment, through process optimization, change leadership and the development of a strong network of partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving optimal results through data-driven decision making.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge leading IT functions like incident/change/problem management, vulnerability management, internal technology audits, risk management, project delivery, resource/capacity management.
- Effective organizational and cultural skills to drive and implement major engineering efforts.
- Strong relationship management and strategic communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related field experience required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.