VP, Practice Management-IAS Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-008392 Date posted: 12/23/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
VP’s of Practice Management are responsible for driving growth outcomes for our advisors through effective business management consulting. Managing opportunities and supporting advisors within key growth pillars around, but not exclusive of, succession planning & exit strategies, merger & acquisitions, and business operations. VP’s of Practice Management will build territory strategies to create and manage their opportunity pipelines, plus the overall delivery of measurable results within an assigned region. They will also conduct defined consulting engagements, seminars and workshops on current and future growth pillars with advisors and advisor practices based on the strategic priorities of the firm, and at the request of the Relationship Management team.
- Establish annual growth plan for designated territory through advisor support and engagement
- Develop thematic quarterly plan for territory touchpoints based on strategic initiatives of the firm focused on growth
- Maintains up to date industry knowledge (Cerulli, market, competitive landscape, etc) and be an active student of the industry
- Deliver specialized consulting on current and future growth pillars as defined by LPL’s current and future capabilities
- Leads regional events, webinars and seminars, playing the role of subject matter expert for designated territory
- Works collaboratively with conference & events team to ensure awareness and education regarding practice growth pillars is front and center for advisors
- Effectively partner with strategic business partners across LPL to maximize growth for advisors through lead referrals to other parts of the business
- Promote peer to peer engagement and best practice sharing by developing advisor communities within territory
- Responsible for monthly business insights and performance reporting for designated territory
- Strong business acumen with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Thrives in a results-oriented environment and has a demonstrated history of managing a sales territory to achieve stated goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business administration, finance, sales, or equivalent combined education or work related experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales, wholesaler or consulting experience
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Finance industry experience preferred, with focus on business to business relationships
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience preferred
- Presentation experience, one to one and on-stage, preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required
- Client centric mid-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually inprove th end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.