VP, Product Management, Digital OfficeApply Job ID: R-012443 Date posted: 01/14/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
VP, Product Management, Digital Office
The LPL product organization is expanding its product management team and currently hiring a product leader to join a team responsible for driving the lifecycle management and execution of LPL’s advisor and internal-facing technology products, digital platforms and workflow capabilities. This role must exude a passion for product management in a manner that results in the utmost satisfaction of our Advisors and their clients. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of our competitive landscape, understand the needs of both our advisors and LPL employees, and be comfortable driving outcomes across broad cross functional teams.
Tactically, candidates for this role must have experience and knowledge across a variety of digital products and platforms, including CRM (ex: Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics) and digital communication and collaboration tools (ex: Slack, Microsoft Teams). This role will be required to leverage their knowledge and insights to work with our advisors and deliver integrated technology experiences and efficient workflows that enable LPL to continuously improve and support growth, industry competitiveness and compliance with industry regulations. Collaboration with internal business partners will be critical to ensure that these capabilities are delivered in a manner that delights our clients, maximizes our business objectives, and meets all regulatory requirements.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of product roadmaps and portfolio execution activities across LPL’s suite of digital office tools, as well as their related capabilities including API and data integration work, connective workflows to other tools within the LPL ecosystem and creating experiences that are intuitive and exciting.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of cross-functional teams in a process-driven manner to ensure continuous alignment on key priorities and milestones. Must be able to drive outcomes through influence and without direct reporting line authority.
- Drive insights and practical recommendations from feedback from advisors, internal stakeholders and key partners across the enterprise
- Provide executive level updates, improvement recommendations and enable the development of new opportunities to enhance the digital experience
- Ability to manage multiple, large-scale programs while connecting dots to other in-flight efforts within the product and broader enterprise portfolios
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Home Office experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product management related roles within a financial services or related fintech firm
- In-depth knowledge of the advisor’s practice and their client’s needs, including, but not limited to, day-to-day client/account workflows, client meetings and interactions, practice management, compliance requirements, and how to leverage data and insights to drive growth and efficiency opportunities.
- Strong leadership and team change management experience. Ability to leave egos and preconceived notions at the door
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team without direct reporting lines, as well as willingness to jump in and support other teams or activities regardless of job description
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serves as the recognized subject matter expert
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Ability to create a strategy/plan that articulates that incorporates a business’s vision
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
- Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within position scope and at the company
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.