VP, Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-014053 Date posted: 04/14/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
Are you a highly collaborative product manager that is intimately familiar with alternative investments and traded products?
Do you excel at strategizing, then driving processes, and executing on that vision?
If so, this role might be just for you!
LPL Financial is currently searching for a Vice President, Alternatives & Traded Products Investment Product Manager to join the Wealth Management Solutions (WMS) group. As part of the Investment Product Management team within WMS, you would be responsible for the day-to-day management of the alternative investment platform, with an emphasis on marketing, product management, sales support, and product provider interface. The role is also responsible for the day-to-day management of traded products, which includes structured products, UITs, closed-end funds, options, equities, and fixed income securities. The Investment Product Management team is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This role maintains strong relationships with LPL’s investment manager partner firms to collaboratively deliver the necessary tools, resources, and communications that help LPL Financial advisors remain competitive.
What Will You Do?
- Alternatives Investment Product Management: maintain and evolve LPL’s alternative investment platform; source new investment solutions for addition to the platform, using inputs from internal and external resources; act as subject matter expert for alternative investments; build LPL’s Alternative Investment business plan and ongoing strategy; this role must collaborate with multiple business units, including Operations, Research, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Sponsor Relations, and Finance
- Traded Products Investment Product Management: maintain and evolve LPL’s traded products that reside on brokerage and advisory platforms; develop a strategy for the product set and ensure that the goals are achieved; act as subject matter expert for all traded products; this role must collaborate with multiple business units, including Operations, Research, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Sponsor Relations, and Finance
- Help drive sales and increased penetration, primarily through the following activities:
- Strategize with our sales and marketing teams for new marketing materials, advisor and client-facing presentations, and sales campaigns to drive investments sales
- Communicate with advisor base on product availability, important business rules and overall awareness of platform
- Assist in the onboarding of new products with coordination between sponsor firms, operations, compliance, legal and risk management
- Participate in the Investment Product Review Committees
- Represent WMS at LPL events, by presenting at educational regional workshops and participation at industry conferences and education forums
- Train product sponsor firms’ sales desks and wholesalers to increase their efficiency and impact working with LPL Financial advisors
What Are We Looking For?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What Skills, Experiences, and Education are Required?
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the financial services industry, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in alternative investments
- Strong product management skills with an emphasis on alternative investments is preferred
- Series 7 and 63 licenses
- Other industry designations such as CAIA, CFP and/or CFA, a strong plus
- Ability to work across an organization and gain consensus
- Strong presentation skills, experience and comfort presenting with financial advisors
- Strong communication skills, time and priority management
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for results
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.