VP, Program Management – RIA CustodyApply Job ID: R-012299 Date posted: 12/29/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations SD-Remote
Do you have extensive experience working in the independent wealth management industry?
Are you excited about the opportunity to lead strategic initiatives within the RIA custody model?
Are you an out-of-the-box thinker with a passion for innovating?
If so, the Vice President, RIA Custody role could be for you!
The Vice President, Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) Custody will be part of our innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing Strategic Business Development team that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy with new business lines and advisor affiliation models. The individual will be responsible for executing the business vision, including the evolution of features, functionality, pricing, and products. The VP, RIA Custody will be responsible for ensuring proper operational implementation and quality assurance of the client experience, and leading coordination with program management and other internal stakeholders.
What will you do as the Vice President, RIA Custody?
- Lead strategic initiatives and execution of LPL’s RIA custody model, including cross-functional awareness for RIA Custody development and program management deliverables. Act as a key liaison to support LPL’s growth strategy.
- Develop and maintain an expert awareness of the RIA custody business line and affiliation model, and serve as subject matter expert resource to service, trading, operations, transitions, sales and support teams, and other LPL firm leaders with an emphasis on ensuring an optimal advisor experience.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal business partners to strategize and develop innovative solutions to attract and scale RIA custody offering, while serving as the accountable party to milestones, timelines and outcomes.
- Learn quickly from customer, partner and prospect feedback, and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to iterate the program nimbly.
- Collaborate with advisor service, solutions, and consulting groups to identify opportunities for process, capability, and experience development and lead improvement efforts to increase optimal advisor experience and guide advisor retention.
- Evaluate, analyze, and build the RIA Custody business line business intelligence framework, metrics, and toolsets. This includes developing a formal cadence and structure for executive reporting on key business model updates, evolution, successes and known gaps that need attention, funding and development.
- Leverage market data to identify opportunities, influence capabilities development, and inform marketing campaigns.
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities.
- Engage with leading industry service providers to identify and cultivate potential partnership recommendations.
What are we looking for?
We want a high energy, outside of the box thinker with a strong understanding of the independent wealth management industry and deep subject matter expertise of the RIA space. The VP, RIA Custody will have a unique ability to understand the various needs of independent advisors and the ecosystem that supports them is key. We are looking for people with strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills who see the power in creating processes that will allow business lines to scale.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- Minimum 8-10 years of extensive experience working in the independent wealth management industry, with a high level of proficiency in the RIA marketplace (including custodians, technology vendors, platform service providers, etc.) required.
- Familiarity with the unique business considerations for RIAs and how they may differ from other financial institutions, including regulatory compliance, technology, service experience, etc.
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Team-player with a positive can-do attitude, with an ability to both contribute as an individual and develop a motivated, high performing team of employees.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement strategies that you designed.
- Strong familiarity with the MS Office suite and Salesforce.
- Ability to travel as needed (approx. 25-30% of time post COVID).
- The preferred candidate will be local to an LPL corporate office.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.