VP, Program ManagerApply Job ID: R-007846 Date posted: 01/23/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Technology PMO supports various business units by providing critical Program and Project management services. We are looking for a VP Program Manager who will be part of the PMO team that is responsible for project and program delivery including SDLC documentation compliance, executive updates, participation in strategic planning, and serves as a control point for the budget. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technology, business, compliance, and operational experience.
The VP, Technology serves as a program leader and manager of technology resources. This role is responsible for delivering technology solutions in partnership with our business partners. The VP Program Manager will report directly to the Portfolio Lead.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of cross-project activities
- Management of program level issues and risks
- Escalation of critical road blocks and recommendations for remediating
- Leadership and evaluation of project managers and other staff
- Development and control of deadlines, budgets, and activities
- Application of change, risk and resource management
- Managing Program staff and vendors
- Assessment of program performance and targets to maximize ROI
- Preparation of reports for executive level consumption
- Delivery of the operating plan – deliver program on time, on budget; meeting quality and experience expectations
- Reduction of technology risk through ensuring programs and projects within program to meet SDLC compliance.
- Escalation for program level issues impacting delivery and critical success factors
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to provide big-picture solutions while maintaining detail-oriented delivery at the tactical level
- 5+ years in a program management capacity for a large enterprise with a high performing delivery team
- 10+ years of project management experience, Waterfall and Agile.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related field
- Financial services/brokerage firm experience
- Track record for delivering complex projects in the Compliance, Legal and Risk space
- Proven track record in delivery
- Experience working with remote teams and offshore vendors
- Experience managing both departmental and project budgets
- Proven ability to manage resource allocations across production support, maintenance, and new development activities
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.