VP Project ManagementApply Job ID: R-001909 Date posted: 12/04/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Vice President, Project Management role will be a member of the Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) business unit Project Management Office working across a project portfolio of growth initiatives.
The incumbent will be the primary person to lead interaction with our clients and serve as the lead coordinator for successful product development and project implementation. This hands-on position requires client contact and significant coordination with internal operations and technology teams to implement these new products and services.
The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, have high energy, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a commitment to client satisfaction and success. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast paced environment with challenging deadlines and multiple priorities. This person will be expected to contribute information, ideas and recommendations to both tactical and strategic plans, defining customer-service standards, determining systems or operational improvements and implementing change.
This person will be responsible for working with our financial teams to ensure we meet project related financial targets. Assist in project level forecasting requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition of all product and service requirements. Work closely with internal and external clients to define and validate use cases.
- Assemble and coordinate project teams. Synthesize project meeting discussions. Develop and ensure adherence to templates and standards, including weekly status reports and meeting agendas, meeting protocols and project plans.
- Establish and cultivate trust and confidence with internal project teams and clients.
- Lead the planning and implementation of multiple projects. Develop full scale, integrated project plans. Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Manage project budget and timelines
- Track project deliverables. Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders. Create and present reports defining project progress, risks/issues and solutions and communicate status to all levels of senior management on a regular basis.
- Ensure directed resources are effectively utilized, work according to project assumptions and forecasts, and deliver efficient, high quality work.
- BA or BS degree/ MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in product development or project management
- Outstanding organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in complex fast-paced environment to ensure quality of all data integration points
- Willingness to travel 10 percent to meet with clients as well as meet with internal teams in our multiple offices
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Industry knowledge or certifications (e.g. CFP, CFA, CLU, ChFC) preferred
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.