VP - Project Manager Client CompensationApply Job ID: R-018412 Date posted: 10/13/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire a Vice President, Project Management within LPL’s Care organization. This team member will be a part of the Client Compensation organization and will be responsible for leading and managing large, complex and multifaceted initiatives across the organization in support of the firm’s strategy.
The job requires regular interaction with senior inter/cross-departmental leadership, as well as executive and c-level firm leadership. Having the experience, presence and poise to command the respect and trust of senior management and other highly driven and independent professionals is necessary.
This position requires advanced organizational and communication skills, the ability to operate in a highly dynamic multi-tasking environment, and demonstrated ability to creatively define, develop, and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. Having a strong work ethic, being an effective communicator, and a sense of diplomacy will be imperative to the success of any individual in this role.
Additionally, this role will be initially focused on the assessment and development of improved process flows impacting the Client Compensation organization on large conversions and/or other significant change management scenarios for advisors.
The ideal candidate will:
- Significant experience supporting large scale advisor, institutions, and/or M&A conversions
- Strong discovery and inquiry skills with clients and prospects AND the ability to “connect dots” across the organization for impact and assessment
- Possess expert level project management skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Adept at executing within Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid operating environments
- Partner and manage across cross-functional teams to drive execution of large, complex, multifaceted initiatives
- Thrive in a fast paced team atmosphere with the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change
- Quickly identify and solve emerging problems; knows when to escalate issues to move concerns forward and, when faced with ambiguity, step into the void to find solutions
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results
- Ensure that the program goals/milestones are met and budgets are in accordance with financial goals
- Leverage data to establish and track success criteria and metrics for assigned programs
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of firm wide best practices and execution protocols
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally, works without consulting their manager
- Independent decisions are made daily
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Work on issues of complex and diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires
- Evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current/future business trends
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
Virtual or Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in business administration or mathematics or related discipline.
- Typically, 10 or more years of related professional project management experience in the financial services/brokerage industry
Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication skills are necessary - including creating and delivering a clear and effective presentation with supporting materials such as powerpoint slides.
- Strong process flow documentation skills (i.e. Visio or similar tool).
- Broad range of agile, change management, program management, business, and leadership skills required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence customers, (internal and external) and other managers.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects and prioritize delivery.
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, sequencing, estimating, schedule development and control, resource planning and cost estimating and budgeting and control using program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage communications during complex program environment through communication planning, information distribution and performance reporting using formal program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage program risk through risk identification, quantification and control using formal program management practices.
- Ability to deploy change management approaches, best practices and tools that will support the transformation introduced with complex programs.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent data based decision making and quantitative analysis experience, along with product or project management experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred, not required)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.