VP, Public Relations
Do you have a passion for Public Relations?
Are you looking for a role that represents equal parts of strategy, creativity, execution, and measurement?
Have you lead a small team with external support, delivering a high level of performance with accelerated turn-around and tangible results?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Vice President, External Communications will join LPL Financial reporting to the SVP, Corporate Communication and serve as a strategist and campaign leader for the enterprise. The person in this role will be responsible for crafting and leading the external communications campaigns, including but not limited to earned and social media relations, thought leadership research and amplification, crisis communications and C-suite executive visibility, on behalf of LPL Financial and cross-business initiatives.
This person brings a multi-stakeholder, business-driven mindset to communications, with the ability to be proactive while also seeing around corners for potential reputational risks. As a subject matter expert within the Communications function and a strategic counselor to executive leadership, this person will possess effective partnership skills with an ability to quickly identify areas for action, delegation and/or outsourcing. They will have a combination of experiences and transferrable skills that enable them to articulate campaign strategies to the C-suite, to bring outside-in thinking to storytelling, to combine long term strategic thinking with an ability to opportunistically participate in news cycles and to blend the art of communications with the science of data-driven measurement and reporting.
- Accountable for the long-term strategy and day-to-day execution of external communications, including but not limited to executive visibility, social media, crisis response, earned media relations & conferences and measurement.
- Craft overarching engagement campaigns that align to the LPL Financial strategy while also having the flexibility to craft distinct themes/stories that appeal to multiple audiences across a diverse set of channels.
- Influence and counsel C-suite executives on a variety of communications asks, from reactive incident response to proactive executive visibility and interviewing techniques. Media training experience is a plus.
- Regularly collaborate with businesses lines and relevant SME partners (IR, Strategy, ESG, Marketing, Human Capital, etc.) to ensure consistency and coordination of all external communications activities.
- Cultivate, deepen and maintain relevant media and conference organizer relationships to supplement the support from outside agencies.
- Lead external calendar development, updating and management with quarterly reporting.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or equivalent field.
- Minimum 8-10 years of communications and PR experience. Some regulatory/policy experience preferred.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to tackle the timely and the strategic simultaneously.
- Combination of reactive and proactive media relations experience. Experience managing outside agencies is a plus.
- Financial Services/Wealth Management experience required. Public company experience a plus.
- Experienced self-starter who can manage projects independently with an ability to delegate but also be hands-on, when needed, a good sense of prioritization and grace under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong executive presence and partnership skills with a track-record of leading through both influence and authority.
- Maintain high standards in every aspect of your work and continually raise the bar.
- Intellectually curious, embracing challenges with a creative, problem-solving mindset.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.