VP, Relationship ManagerApply Job ID: R-014531 Date posted: 04/16/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire Vice President, Relationship Manager within our Institution Services (IS) Relationship Management Department.
The IS Relationship Management team is responsible for Financial Institution satisfaction, growth and retention. This role will be responsible for managing a territory of LPL Financial Institutions comprised of both bank and credit union relationships with an emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her client relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on consulting related to the value, benefits and features of LPL’s platform. Client interactions on a day-to-day basis include relationship management at the executive level, Program Manager and Financial Consultant level.
By developing a thorough understanding of the financial institution’s businesses, the Relationship Manager will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives. Additionally, this role will act as the primary point of contact between his/her institutions and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
• It is imperative that this role develops a full understanding of the institution, their business objectives, and impact on the organization
• Consultative phone conversations, home office and field visits to Financial Advisors, Program Managers and executives at LPL financial institutions clients. The goal of each conversation/visit is to deepen the LPL relationship with the financial institution by providing consultative advice focused on empowering the financial institution to reach its full potential regarding investment and insurance services
• Coordinate LPL’s support and operational services to advance financial institutions toward reaching their goals and conducting their business in a manner consistent with firm policies, procedures, and processes.
• Represent IS Relationship Management in several venues and forums throughout the year
• Participate in various committees providing thoughtful insight on the business rationale of their contributions
• Responsible for creating and presenting business sessions during conferences and for the use of other Relationship Managers
• Lead by example in the face of changing priorities
• Create and implement a successful framework for managing potential change.
• Present complex topics for discussion across multiple functions and adeptly speak to multiple sides of issues in order to drive informed decision making
• Engage in high level strategic discussions with both advisors and the executive team
• Partner with internal and external customers on needs assessment
• Integrate and direct people, practices and processes (often across multiple functions and business un
• Articulate LPL and industry best practices to help the institution, Program Manager, Financial Consultant, and staff understand how to improve through actionable activities and execution
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field, MBA preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably in a sales or progressive client service/relationship management role
• Series 7 and 63
• Series 24 and/or CFP preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50%
• Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
• Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
• Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
• Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability
• Able to translate high level business directives into operational procedures
• Participation on project teams providing the advisor point of view and making judgments and recommendations regarding timing, content, and delivery methodologies
• Budget and expense management of territory
• Experience with Contact Management Systems, specifically Salesforce.com and standard MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.