VP, Research Marketing
Do you have a mix of functional marketing expertise?
Do you also possess the industry acumen to effectively market LPL’s in-house research offering?
If so, then this is the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
This is a unique and exciting role as the Vice President, Research Marketing, will serve as the primary liaison between LPL’s Research organization and our Marketing & Communication department, and will be responsible for getting timely market-related information and economic commentary into the hands of our clients.
This individual will design and deliver tailored marketing strategies for various audiences, including current and prospective financial advisors and institutions, along with internal sales and support teams. This will be accomplished by leading an agile team of cross-functional marketing specialists whose primary focus is to support LPL’s Research-related campaigns and initiatives.
Working closely with LPL’s Research team, this role will be responsible for communicating national and global economic insights, recurring market reports, forward-looking market outlooks, asset allocation guidance, manager and model information, and overall thought leadership. The intent is to give advisors access to more compelling and data-rich content that represents the full depth and breadth of expertise found across one of the largest independent research teams in the industry.
- Build a deep understanding of LPL Research’s full suite of products and services, while keeping pace with the ever-changing nature of our industry.
- Design and deliver a comprehensive marketing strategy for Research, including KPIs that drive tangible and measurable business outcomes.
- Work closely with Research economists and market strategists to improve the delivery of their content for independent and institutional advisors, ultimately helping our advisors make more informed investment decisions and create better outcomes for their own clients.
- Communicate LPL’s economic and market perspective in a way that’s not only timely and useful, but also engaging and relatable.
- Integrate all marketing tactics using a holistic approach, from the morning meetings to the creation and publication of recurring Research content.
- Create strong partnerships with other internal teams throughout LPL, including the Product, Sales, and Compliance organizations, while leading a matrixed and cross-functional team of marketing specialists.
- Design audience-specific marketing strategies for standard and non-standard distribution channels to promote LPL Research content beyond traditional mediums.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of product or content marketing experience within the financial services industry.
- Successful track record for multi-channel initiatives that drive measurable results.
- Strong sense of curiosity for the markets and relevant industry content.
- Experience measuring and analyzing campaign performance to drive and improve engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to tie marketing activities to business outcomes.
- Experience with an agile and cross-functional team structure.
- Experience developing test and learn plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including creative, editing, and proofing.
- Experience with both B2B as well as B2B2C marketing.
- Strong presentation skills with compelling storytelling abilities.
- Strong collaboration and project management skills, including a demonstrated track-record in managing time-sensitive, complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field (MBA preferred).
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.