VP, Sales MarketingApply Job ID: R-004501 Date posted: 09/21/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Vice President, Same Store Sales Marketing
LPL is currently seeking a Vice President to join the Marketing department. This role will be responsible for creating, developing and executing the marketing strategies and activities required to support same store sales organic growth and corporate initiatives. In addition, this individual will lead a team that works closely with our sales, product and consulting leaders to develop integrated plans with measurable goals. This role will work with various stakeholders across the company to create campaigns and collateral that will drive sales, organic growth and retention among the firm’s 15,000 financial advisors.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales marketing and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of our business partners and LPL Financial. This individual will demonstrate a passion for excellence combined with agility, innovation, resourcefulness, and positive thinking.
- Developing and managing comprehensive marketing campaigns and programs
- Lead sales team support including management of sales kit development, sales training and communications, and executive support
- Lead marketing efforts to support our Diversity & Inclusion and Segment Marketing corporate initiatives
- Developing collateral which communicates complex investment and business concepts to our advisors and their clients.
- Working closely with our sales, consulting and product teams while leveraging resources across the firm, including Marketing Technology to champion success
- Managing senior level relationships across the entire firm and consulting with business leaders to determine the optimal mix of marketing activities to support their goals and objectives. Prioritize projects across the sales organization and maintain regular proactive communications about their execution and progress.
- Composing marketing collateral, sales kits and presentations for internal and external use.
- Managing and developing a multi-tiered team of marketing professionals. Role will educate and guide team in regards to marketing strategy, content creation and campaign execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, PR or related discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years of extensive marketing, PR and/or communications experience
- Experience with coordinating and aligning teams to reach a unified goal
- Highly organized individual with experience in developing marketing strategies to support common goals
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Outstanding writing and editing skills (e.g. articles, brochures, and white papers)
- Proven ability to manage, lead and motivate teams of varying experience, knowledge and skillsets
- Excellent communications skills
- Sense of humor
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.