VP, Sales Strategy and OperationsApply Job ID: R-024750 Date posted: 08/03/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
VP Sales Strategy and Operations
The VP of sales and operations is an individual contributor role within LPL’s Growth consulting business unit. Providing executive support to the EVP of Growth Solutions, the candidate will be heavily engaged in strategic initiatives, monitoring department financials, metrics and reporting, as well as maintain content in preparation for Management Committee level discussions and presentations. The VP role is highly visible, with the opportunity to work closely with Growth Solutions executive leadership, carrying responsibility for ensuring the department is aligned to its operating plan, with the opportunity to shape this role based on organization needs and career development goals.
This qualified professional has a strong bias towards action and collaboration. Exceptional organization skills and operational skills are imperative. A successful candidate will effectively float between executive level strategic thinking and detailed level operational planning.
- Partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis to maintain budgetary compliance, collaborating with Growth Solutions business leaders to identify funding solutions for the department’s strategic needs
- Oversee change management and adoption of pipeline and forecasting tools
- Develop, and implement regular reporting of key performance metrics including forecasting, funnel analysis and pipeline management
- Contribution to the sales incentive compensation design, administration and tracking
- Territory design and segmentation mapping
- Provide effective project management support for Growth Solutions key strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain a regular cadence of KPIs and management reporting in support of Growth Solutions strategic and operational priorities
- Provide leadership and operational execution of Growth Solution’s employee, recognition and cultural transformation programs to increase employee engagement levels and adoption of our new values and behaviors
- Prepare strategic, as well as program-level presentations to executive management, including the Management Committee
- Operational mindset focused on elevating structured processes and measurement throughout the organization
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Flourishes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing priorities
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change and revisions
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work quickly, when needed
- Experience working with sales teams and change management
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP certification, CCMP certification and/or Sig Sigma certification a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in sales strategy and operations including project management, KPI reporting and change management experience
- Client facing experience in the financial industry (Advisor or Institution) a plus in the areas of project management and data analytics, with the proven ability to tailor both written and verbal communications to various levels of the organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.