VP, Software Asset ManagementApply Job ID: R-005691 Date posted: 02/01/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Vice President, Software Asset Management, is responsible for driving the management of software acquisition, compliance, software maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing. This role provides leadership across the technology department through managing the software asset lifecycle while partnering with corresponding procurement, legal and finance personnel. This position resides within the infrastructure and operations team, and will work directly with hardware asset management and other personnel in the business operations function. In addition, this role will work closely with the infrastructure and development organizations to effectively evaluate the financial impact of technology decisions related to software and make recommendations to aid those decisions. Therefore, this role will be expected to advise senior IT leadership as those decisions are addressed.
The VP of Software Asset Management will be directly responsible for managing the software licensing portfolio:
- Advise the relevant senior leaders, infrastructure leaders and program leaders on asset licensing and compliance, and recommend actions that will optimize the software asset portfolio
- Develop quality assurance practices and processes for the administration of software licenses to remain within contract provisions
- Provide impact assessments on pending or potential software changes, outlining incremental license or maintenance costs due to change and pinpointing any potential cost mitigation opportunities based on license-use or product-use changes
- Implement and manage production of software asset life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks
- Collaborate with Procurement on software licensing and subscription options including: on-premise licensing, cloud/SaaS licensing and Cloud/SaaS subscription models.
- Partner with Procurement to identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services
- Facilitate the needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on software products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration
- Provide technical guidance to others, where appropriate, and serve as point-of-contact for problem resolution related to software licensing, contracts, renewals, procurement, etc.
- Collect information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contract summaries, and cost comparisons
- Enter and maintain information in a database format to address budgeting, software compliance & inventory, contracts, and cost
- Respond to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT Software Asset Management data information
- Review annual software maintenance budgets and software-related detail in business cases and project budgets, to ensure that they comply with corporate policies and budgets
- Actively assess risk and cost take-out opportunities and make recommendations to senior leadership for adding software products into the portfolio
- Address and resolve escalated asset management incidents and requests.
Travel requirements: 5-10%
- Reports to: Senior Vice President, I&O Business Operations
- Key Stakeholders: Senior leaders across Technology, Finance and Procurement
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years in IT, with at least 5 years’ experience in software asset management and/or procurement.
- Knowledge and experience establishing a Software Asset Management target operating model, business process, and overall functional organization across a large enterprise.
- Knowledge and experience reviewing vendor contracts and license agreements to build a central repository of entitlements for use in license compliance.
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred.
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) preferred.
- Effective organizational and cultural skills to drive and implement major engineering efforts.
- Strong relationship management and strategic communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related field experience required; Advanced degree preferred.
- Prior experience with financial institutions preferred.
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external perspective to organizational and departmental goals.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Grows Talent – Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.