VP, Talent DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-011373 Date posted: 09/25/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s commitment to increasing representation for women and people of color has three pillars – Promote internal diverse top talent, Attract diverse top talent, and Engage all employees to create a sense of belonging. Aligned with the Promote pillar, the VP for Diverse Talent Development will focus on creating developmental programming to equip top talent to further their careers. This position will work in partnership with Employee Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (with a dotted line reporting relationship).
- Identify and assess talent development strategies in order to equip top talent to move further along in their careers and thrive in their new positions at LPL (sponsorship, external development opportunities, post-promotion support, etc.)
- Develop program that will provide top talent with opportunities for exposure to other areas and leaders of the company in order to build business savvy and consideration for various career paths
- In partnership with the AVP for Diverse Talent, develop internal mobility program in order to identify ways in which existing top talent are able to find opportunities for promotions to AVP+ roles
- Create framework for mitigating bias in talent assessment and performance management processes
- Serve as a consultant to the Employee DEI team
- Oversee professional development for Employee Resource Program (ERG) and provide counsel for selection of ERG leaders and DEI Council members
- In collaboration with the Leadership pod of Advisor and Employee Learning, develop and deliver content for DEI training on inclusive leadership and other related subjects
- Develop and report on objectives and key results (OKRs) for Diverse Talent Development
What will success look like in first 90 days?
- Understand employee DEI strategy and the position’s role in accomplishing the goals
- Assume ownership of the sponsorship program for Manager/AVP/VP top talent
- Creation of strawman for framework of top talent Manager and AVP customized development plans
- 8-10+ years of experience in talent development, organizational design, performance management, and/or coaching
- Understanding of best practices and trends in development of diverse talent
- Knowledge in talent assessment instruments and utilization to design customized development plans
- Experience in project/program creation, execution, and measurement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey the message in a way that best meets the needs of the audience (i.e., PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead through influence and collaboration
- Comfort with presenting to senior leaders and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop, measure, and report program-specific objectives and key results (OKR)
- BA/BS or equivalent in relevant business experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.