VP, Technical Project Manager Enterprise Data WarehouseApply Job ID: R-018022 Date posted: 11/02/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations SC-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. Joining as a VP Technical Project Manager, Data Warehouse you will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to technology teams based on business objective and strategic direction for our Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Provide leadership and guidance to technology teams based on business objective and strategic direction for our Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Lead requirement analysis and design discussions with users, technical and business stakeholders and monitor all agile ceremonies with teams.
- Lead multiple Agile teams across business-driven demand and strategic architectural decisions
- Collaborate with other development teams, enterprise architecture and support teams to design, develop, test and maintain on premises/cloud platforms
- Partner with various stakeholder teams across business units to develop positive relationships at all levels.
- Work collaboratively with various technology team to deliver best in class solutions
- Communicates status of technology product and backlog readiness to outside team members.
- Creates best practices for team members to follow to meet key objectives of the technology platform.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Tech lead with 8+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex systems
- 5+ years of experience with Cloud Infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Excellent understanding of IT architecture
- Product management expertise within an agile delivery framework
- Bachelor’s degree
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with AWS Cloud, .Net Core and open source technologies.
- Experience working with SQL Server, Oracle, MapR, Hadoop databases
- Is visible, vocal, and objective. Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
- Has technical vision and can drive best in class solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Motivated and driven by achieving strategic technical solutions
- Cloud Architecture certification
- 5-10 years financial services experience
- Experience with data platforms on premises and the cloud
- Scaled Agile (SAFe) certification (PO/PM) preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.