VP Technology - Chief of Staff to the CISOApply Job ID: R-005814 Date posted: 03/04/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Chief of Staff to the CISO is a VP-level individual contributor role within LPL Financial’s Technology organization. Providing executive support to the Chief Information Security Officer, the candidate develops strategy, monitors department financials, metrics and reporting, as well as maintains content in preparation for board-level discussions and presentations. The Chief of Staff role is a high visibility position, responsible for ensuring the department is aligned to its operating plan, innovating and engaging employees every day.
This qualified professional has a working knowledge of Information Security, with a strong bias towards action and collaboration. Exceptional organization, working as part of a larger management team and the ability to act as a delegate for executives as needed is imperative. This is not an administrative role, but a collaborative, strategic and operational one that requires a combination of adaptability and security skills. A successful candidate provides deep program management and budgetary experience, alongside technical and regulatory experience to promote departmental success and a firm-wide appropriate security posture. The VP will serve on the Information Security leadership team, with a seat at the table for shaping organizational initiatives, providing mentorship, guidance and accountability across the department.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare technical, as well as program-level presentations to executive management and committees as appropriate
- Manage timesheet reporting and expenses for the department
- Act as a liaison in support of PMO, HR and procurement activities as it relates to the Information Security organization
- Develop and maintain an inventory of initiatives in which the awareness and involvement of the CISO is essential
- Develop a regular cadence of metrics and reporting in support of operational and strategic goals and vision
- Facilitate and organize management reporting in the form of staff, management and town-hall meetings, investment, regulatory and risk committees
- Promote an intuitive, engaged and positive workplace for employees in the Information Security organization
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Information Security or related field with 10+ years of experience
- PMP and CISSP certifications a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a variety of environments and adhere to strict guidelines pertaining to completing a given task
- Demonstrate creativity, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute to team deliverables.
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, willingness to take on challenges and adaptability to change.
- Understanding of risks in banking/financial services sector will be an added advantage
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.