VP, TechnologyApply Job ID: R-005592 Date posted: 01/28/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Business Development & Sales Technology is seeking a Solution Delivery / Development Manager to join the newly established organization supporting LPL’s Business Development & Sales groups. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated prior ability to own end to end solutions delivery for high profile complex systems, including developing solutions from scratch. This is a strategic role and will report to the SVP of Business Development & Sales Technology.
The Solution Delivery / Development Manager is a dynamic role requiring a skillset across multiple technology domains, including digital transformations, user experience design, as well as integrations with workflow and automation tools. The focus of this position is working closely with the Business and Product teams to understand the business requirements, collaborate on appropriate solutions, and oversee the development, implementation, and ongoing enhancements of the platforms. This role will be key in implementing strategic solutions needed to address business challenges and provide increasing technical value to our partners.
An ideal candidate has experience in the delivery of digital solutions/transformations, bringing business driven technology solutions from nothing to fruition, working in an agile context, and the capacity to lead resources directly and indirectly whether now or in the future. In addition, the candidate is seeking an opportunity to establish themselves as a key resource in delivering the strategy of the firm and growing the capabilities of this new technology team. They are highly motivated, a self-starter, collaborative, innovative, and passionate about a delivering a customer centric experience. All driving towards delivering excellence in everything they do.
- • Ability to drive solutions across multiple aspects and considered a SME; including UI/UX through to backend platforms (workflow, database, etc.) and integrations to other platforms.
- • Design and execute on appropriate technical solutions meeting the strategic needs of our business partners, with a demonstrable ability having lead this process from idea to target state implementation.
- • Develop, in partnership with enterprise architecture and other senior managers, an overall architecture and design for technical solutions.
- • Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record of innovative work.
- • Management of analyst and development teams responsible for data platforms, whether direct or indirect.
- • Act as one of the key decision makers on what technologies will be used to solve business problems.
- • Collaborate with enterprise and solutions architecture to ensure solutions and platforms are designed with capability and supportability.
- • Provide leadership and guidance in all team development efforts for successful project delivery and application and platform support.
- • Collaborate with other teams (technical and non-technical) to ensure successful project delivery and adherence to methodology processes.
- • Application life-cycle management of data integration applications and platforms.
- • Develop and maintain key vendor relationships.
- • Prior leadership in the buildout of new platforms from scratch.
- • Experience implementing RPA and AI solutions for process automation improvement
- • Experience in sales and marketing strategies and technologies as well as related data analysis, deriving insights and analytics, and related processes.
- • Strong data experience, especially in acquiring and conversion of large data sets from external sources
- • Experience leading multiple development teams across varying and possibly non-complimentary platforms
- • Financial services experience including:
- o Recruiting and onboarding of Financial Advisors.
- o Experience and proficiency in financial management and broker dealer industry, including understanding of the products and processes.
- o Experience in defining solutions for various personas, including Financial Advisors, End Investors, Traders, Recruiting, etc.
- o Merger and acquisition experience.
- • 10+ years in a technical management capacity for a large distributed group in an enterprise with a high performing technical team.
- • 15+ years of professional software development experience in a diverse set of technology disciplines.
- • 10+ years of financial services/brokerage firm experience.
- • Working knowledge of multiple investment domains, including broker dealer activities, financial advisor operations, recruiting and sales, and onboarding processes.
- • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- • Proven track record in delivering digital transformations and integrations with other platforms, including CRM, BPM, Case Management, RPA, and AI.
- • Experience with designing and implementing mission critical systems
- • Experience working with remote teams and offshore vendors.
- • Proven ability to manage resource allocations across production support, maintenance, and new development activities.
- • Experience managing both departmental and project budgets.
Skills and Knowledge:
- • Digital transformations and related technology tools and processes.
- • UI/UX design and development
- • Application architecture and solution design
- • Experience with distributed computing platforms and practical development experience in one or more programming languages.
- • Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- • Experience with DevOps processes
- • Experience with moving platforms to the cloud.
- • Experience working within Agile and Agile SAFE methodologies.
- • Broad background of software engineering skills on a variety of technologies, including:
- • Angular JS
- • BPM
- • CRM (Salesforce, Dynamics, etc.)
- • Case Management (ServiceNow, Dynamics, etc.)
- • RPA / AI (FICO, WorkFusion, etc.)
- • Java/C++
- • Mulesoft
- • MS SQL, Oracle
- • Jira
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.