VP, TechnologyApply Job ID: R-012947 Date posted: 02/17/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Role and Expectations
As a Product Manager, you'll have the opportunity to strategically build products that further shape our industry. The Product Manager intersects between business, technology, and UX. You'll build products that maximize the business value and provide the best user experience to fulfill our Customer needs. You'll define a product vision, iterate on that vision as you learn from the market and our Customers, and create a roadmap to deliver on that vision. The Product Manager works closely with Product Owners to ensure that the roadmap not only represents the needs of our Customers but accurately and appropriately reflects what and when Engineering can deliver.
- 70% Strategy and 30% Execution
- Perform market analysis and research within the industry and Customer base
- Build strong relationships with Customers and advocate for their needs
- Create and continuously improve the product vision based on Customer feedback
- Maintain a roadmap and create a trajectory for what your Customers need and when
- Lead team through PI planning
- Develop customer journeys and product roadmaps, integrating market trends and ROI
- Know when to enhance current features or innovate on new concepts not yet discovered
- Collaborate with UX from conception to implementation on user experience, industry standards and best practices
- Build a great working relationship with Product Owners to ensure the product vision aligns with the output from Engineering and work hands on with the teams at whatever levels are necessary to help ensure success.
- Responsible for the evolution of a product and working with partners to deliver customer centric outcomes in line with the product roadmap
- Super passionate about building products that deliver a differentiated industry leading experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager delivering digital solutions; preferably with new product development focusing on user experience and customer facing UI’s.
- Actual working experience and demonstration of competency as a PM within SAFe, providing context and vision for PI planning as well as making tough priority decisions for a product team is a major plus.
- Demonstration of experience and understanding of core competencies, such as market trends, customer driven product development, ROI, epic and feature creation, etc.
- Mobile experience a big plus as is experience executing a digital transformation across a value stream
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Understanding of the technical architecture of web and mobile applications
- Experience with building great user experiences
- Ability to size and scope product components, as well as use quantifiable methods to prioritized work
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces by creating examples through wireframes and mockups and working with UI designers to refine this experience
- Experience developing scalable products, technologies and platforms is strongly desired
- Previous experience within an Agile/Lean organization and/or utilizing Scrum
- Experience with tools like Jira, Aha, Miro a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.