VP, Workforce SolutionsApply Job ID: R-015851 Date posted: 07/29/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking an experienced Business Owner to be responsible for the Strategy and Execution/Implementation of capabilities and practices to support workforce management within Operations.
This position will report directly to the SVP of Operations Strategy and will actively partner with teams inside and outside of operations to drive planning and delivery of new capabilities. This individual will have a key role in defining processes to support demand forecasting, productivity measures, staffing models and geographic location strategy of employees within the Operations ecosystem. This individual will also have an important role as liaison with Human Capital and Finance teams to ensure effective management of labor costs with Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise for assessing and developing demand forecasting models for both human and digital workforce.
- Thought leadership on the selection and implementation of workforce management tools and platforms.
- Management of and negotiation with vendors on solutions and requirements in development of industry leading workforce management capabilities.
- Assess Risks and understand controls needed within Operational functions to maximize use of existing resources while ensuring we are properly staffed to meet advisor and client needs.
- Understand the needs and complexities of offshore resource models, vendors and associated personnel.
- Oversee centralized staffing process and partner with Human Capital and Finance to ensure alignment with recruiting and budget cycles.
- Partner with Operations leaders to develop and manage resource scheduling and departmental capacity plans.
- Align with Risk teams to ensure proper design and testing of business continuity plans.
- Collaborate with Operations leaders to optimize organizational structures including spans and layers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Technology discipline or related fields
- Strong demonstrated leadership, mentorship, and team management capabilities in a distributed environment.
- Preferred experience : Lean, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, Design Thinking
- Preferred experience: Knowledge of call center and / or operational workforce models within Financial Services
- Strong project and program management skills
- Strong communication and relationship management skills across lines of business
- Experience serving as liaison between Finance, Human Capital and business areas
- Experience as a liaison with onshore and offshore staffing vendors
- Experience with data and analytics tools and practices
Required Skills and Abilities
- Adaptable and highly self-motivated in pursuing intelligent automation and emerging technologies.
- Solid experience in presentation and excellent verbal/written communications.
- Solution oriented, synthesizing and analytical skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to achieve results through vendors, and team members, proficient organizational skills, demonstrated passion for execution excellence and agility.
- Strong execution ability and a sense of urgency.
- Executive presence and ability to simplify complex concepts for consumption by senior business leaders.
- Business acumen in wealth management or related fields is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively interact with the full spectrum of disciplines necessary through the development lifecycle (i.e. Business Process Design, Analysis, Functional / Technical Design, Development, Architecture)
- Change Agent, able to define the future state and implement change as necessary
- Proven ability as a structured, logical thinker
- Rich experience with formal quality systems, such as Lean and Six Sigma
- Creative, flexible and an experienced practitioner; with a growth mindset and superior collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering degree from an accredited University or College
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.