Wealth Management Consultant, Institution Services, EastApply Job ID: R-013345 Date posted: 03/24/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Do you have at least 3-5 years of financial services, sales and/or consultation experience along with your FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or both 63 and 65) licenses?
Are you 1) passionate about helping financial clients better meet the wealth and investment needs of their clients, and 2) an expert with analyzing data to help you do so?
Are you interested in joining a team that is laser-focused on driving your own personal growth and that of our clientele?
If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a team with a rewarding culture and top-notch employee benefits.
The primary purpose of the Wealth Management Consultant, Institution Services role is to manage a “virtual” territory of LPL clients (banks and credit unions) to drive growth and profitability across multiple business lines (both advisory and brokerage). In the Eastern territory for Institution Services, you will be the single point of contact to bank and credit union clients for all sales and marketing efforts and a subject matter expert on the features and benefits of LPL’s various advisory platforms as well as investment products such as insurance, annuities, mutual funds, and alternative investments. You will also be a source of holistic financial planning expertise and guidance for advisors to better serve the needs of their clients’ retirement and other financial goals.
What will you do?
- Client Case Consultations - Provides subject matter expert consulting with financial advisors on new sales opportunities. This involves performing a detailed needs analysis that starts through a discovery process of the prospect through analyzing existing account statements and performance reports, determining appropriate risk tolerance, identifying estate/trust planning needs and understanding short and long-term goals for assets. Once a comprehensive needs analysis is completed, the IS-WMC provides options for consideration relative to asset allocations and/or manager selections as well as product solutions including managed accounts and alternative investments. These selections are all highly customizable and require critical thinking to help the advisor identify appropriate solutions. If necessary, other departments may be consulted including research, Private Trust Company, Financial Planning, etc. Baseline knowledge of these other areas is also essential for the IS-WMC.
- Advisory Platform & Investment Product Training & Education - Consults with financial advisors about all aspects of the six LPL advisory platforms including positioning from a practice management perspective, economics, features and functionality of all six platforms, and ultimately provide portfolio considerations for advisors' prospects. Must possess the ability to articulate market and economic impacts as well as technical investment characteristics of portfolios and underlying securities. Consults on advisory platform technology including portfolio analytic tools, investor presentation and portfolio builder tools, and Clientworks management/trading tools. In addition to the advisory platform solutions, the IS-WMC is also seen as a subject matter expert on investment products such as Insurance, Annuities, Alternative Investments, and 529s. The IS-WMC is also required to have a solid foundational understanding of various Financial Planning concepts such as estate and trust planning, tax-related client needs and concerns, and other concepts. The IS-WMC will also be expected to be able to discuss Advisor University and other training opportunities and help Advisors to determine how to best leverage those resources to grow their businesses.
- Technology Training & Proposal Generation - Consult on product technology including portfolio analytic tools, Advisory World, and Clientworks management/trading tools. Provide SME content and recommendations for training. Participate in proposal campaigns which include leading webinars on BAR reports helping advisors identify prospects for advisory platforms, creating the proposal and helping the advisor understand the positioning.
- Use questioning techniques to diagnose advisor and client needs and provide appropriate options for consideration.
- Provides financial advisors with analyses of existing prospect portfolios.
- Works cooperatively across Advisory & Product Consulting to facilitate cross-referrals.
- Works cooperatively with other LPL departments to facilitate cross-referrals.
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of LPL Research models and updates, industry trends, etc.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
You will spend the first 90 days familiarizing yourself with the LPL culture, LPL systems, the advisory and wealth management platforms, and the various business units across the firm. You will work alongside other WMCs to become acquainted with the role.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
You must have creative problem-solving skills, effective decision-making, and the ability to diffuse tense situations. You need the ability to multi-task, including strong follow-up skills and solo territory management.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Exceptional communication skills including virtual and live presentation skills
- 3-5 years of financial services, sales, and/or consulting experience required
- Very strong knowledge of advisory/fee-based platforms, insurance, annuities, and other products
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business required or additional equivalent experience and a High School Diploma/GED at minimum
- Demonstrated sales success
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 (or both 63 and 65)
- CFP, CFA, CIMA, or CWS preferred
- MS Office proficiency required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.