Workforce AnalystApply Job ID: R-005085 Date posted: 11/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Reporting to the AVP, Workforce Reporting and Analytics, the primary purpose of this role is to lead activities and consult with Human Capital to analyze key HR related issues that affect enterprise business processes and strategies. This role will collaborate with HR Technology to develop reporting capabilities to support the Human Capital community and other business units/organizational functions. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert for workforce analytics across the firm. This position is critical for identifying, analyzing, visualizing, and explaining the interconnected measures of human capital.
- Research and analyze business issues or questions from a Human Capital perspective
- Assist business partners with understanding and defining metrics needed to support their functional areas
- Deliver reporting solutions – develop, maintain, and publish reports in a variety of outputs (Excel, PowerPoint, reporting software, etc.)
- Interpret Human Capital data in order to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data, as well as factors that could affect the results of research. Report results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Summarize written findings, publicize results, and participate and share with senior leadership as appropriate
- Build partnerships with technical teams – work with the HR Technology team, Business Technology Services (IT), and external vendors to deliver tools and system solutions, and provide regular review and assessment of the business solution performance and adoption
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of self-service reporting tools and data management
- Develop, own and optimize Human Capital reports (e.g. Scorecards, Dashboards, etc.) to drive meaningful business results
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets using analytic features of multiple tools
- Acts as a lead resource, consultant, and advisor to leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Information Science or related fields of study preferred. Master’s degree a plus
- 2+ years of related experience in business analyst roles with deep interest in data, metrics, analysis, and trend. Experience working in a Human Resources function preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot across multiple functional areas
- Solid working knowledge of general HCM functionality, Applicant Tracking Systems, and reporting software. Experience in Workday a plus
- Recent experience using reporting software (Tableau, Workday Prism, etc.)
- Advanced to expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including a strong ability to visually convey information and insights through graphs, charts, and other means
- Able to present findings to management
- Critical thinking skills in formulating hypotheses, interpreting results, and being able to make educated guesses when data may be sparse, decentralized, or unavailable
- Strong project management skills and a proven ability to contribute to and/or manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify linkages and insights between multiple datasets from different sources –HRIS systems, surveys, 3rd party vendors, client data, etc.
- Strong team work and experience in collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action oriented, willing to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- Ability to conduct research both independently and collaboratively, creatively problem solve, and connect various thoughts, observations, and results into innovative solutions
- Must be a team player, able to communicate effectively, partner and execute on our common goals
Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to meet the needs of the business
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.