Vice President Financial Advisor Recruiter - WirehousesApply Job ID: R-011117 Date posted: 06/22/2021 Primary Location GA-Remote Other Locations GA-Atlanta , NC-Charlotte , TN-Nashville ,FL-Remote
- Develop sales and recruiting strategies; research, source, and engage with prospects.
- Identify new prospective advisors within the target segment by making initial sales calls, as well as respond to inquiries
- Individually own certain advisor segments of the pipeline from initial contact to the advisor joining LPL working in close partnership with Regional Directors and Division Managers
- Meet with prospective advisors to effectively demonstrate LPL’s unique value proposition and address any questions or concerns
- Expertly navigate long sales cycles, often with multiple buying influences
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential advisors to determine whether the advisor and their book of business is an appropriate candidate for LPL
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting premium segment wirehouse and bank advisors, as well as coaching the team on the competitive landscape and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business
- Continually improve and evaluate recruitment practices, ideas, opportunities, and affinity partnerships to increase ability to source women advisors
- Understand and articulate LPL’s business model, LPL’s policies, the financial services industry, and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options
- Partner with the BD leadership team on the continued evolution of LPL’s offering and capabilities to establish ourselves as the leading solution in the market
- Identify external organizations, local events, and conferences that create new sourcing channels, and attend events on behalf of LPL and the Business Development group
- Serve as a subject matter expert who can empower LPL’s business development team through consultation and partnership, and by providing them with resources to attract premium segment candidates in their territories
- Design, experiment, and test new approaches to attract diverse candidates
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends, and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, with a high level of proficiency in the RIA marketplace and in working with wirehouse advisors
- A successful track record of managing and closing complex sales
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, polished, professional demeanor
- Series 7, 66, and 24 preferred
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Superior verbal, written, and listening skills, with an ability to adapt to different audiences
- Consultative and relationship building skills a must
- Team-player with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Previous experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute, and implement strategies that you designed
- Strong familiarity with the MS Office suite and Salesforce
- Willingness and ability to travel 60% of the time
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.