AVP BRMS Engineer LeadApply Job ID: R-015563 Date posted: 06/21/2021 Primary Location IL-Remote Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. We are looking for AVP, BRMS Engineer Lead with experience in analyzing business systems and creating Rules strategy using decision management framework. An ideal candidate will have strong technical skills in Enterprise rules engine tools, communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and an ability to build relationships with all levels within the organization. Financial services background are highly desired.
• Drive requirements gathering, flush out design, and arrive at a technical solution for big and small projects around Enterprise rules engine
• Lead a team of developers by giving them direction, reviewing code, and planning for work.
• Managing the technical platform and coordinating with Infrastructure team to setup, maintenance, monitoring and performance tuning
• Working closely with product team to define the roadmap of the tool and the integration patterns with Enterprise Rule engine
• Devise solutions based on business problems. The designs include requirements documentation, graphical representations (UML diagrams), and presentations that describe the desired solution or product feature. Documentation will include business process flows, security access matrix, data mapping tables, integration diagrams, RACIs, application prototypes, user stories and specific, testable functional requirements.
• Hands on experience in rules engine to design & develop complex rules applications
• Troubleshooting issues to fix errors, improve performance, or refactoring code as needed, production support
• Understanding of full software development life-cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies
• Creating meaningful and easy to understand documentation, code comments, and diagrams
• Ability to do demos and POC’s to business partners
• Ability to review new tools and compare product capabilities
• Ability to communicate with various technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to hunt down information or reach out to external teams when needed
• Mentor new talent and coach new team members for decision management framework
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
• 7+ years of software engineering experience
• 5+ years of leadership or management experience, in a technology environment
• 5+ years of experience managing software development projects
• BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
• Knowledge and understanding of business rules management systems (BRMS) such as Blaze or Drools is a must
• Experience in setting up new BRMS platform
• Experience in Rules Extraction, Documentation, Categorization
• Experience in Rules Analysis to identify issues/redundancy/complexity
• Experience in using FICO Blaze Advisor for building Templates, SRL, Unit Testing, Libraries, RMA
• Experience in CI/CD or similar release management processes for FICO Blaze Advisor based projects
• Knowledge and understanding of BPM (Business Process Management) workflow tools such as Appway / IBM BPM/ Pega / Appian (Preferably Appway)
• Building Middleware such as REST or SOAP services in Mulesoft, Tibco, and/or .NET.
• Some form of BPM workflow and BRMS experience a plus (Appway / FICO product a plus)
• Microsoft Sql Server experience. Oracle experience a plus.
• Unix and Java development experience a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.