VP, Relationship ManagerApply Job ID: R-023091 Date posted: 04/29/2022 Primary Location IL-Remote
Are you a team player?
Are you curious to learn?
Are you interested in working in meaningful projects?
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently?
If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are currently looking to hire a VP, Relationship Manager within our Business Consulting Department based in the Great Lakes region. The Business Consulting team is responsible for advisor satisfaction, growth and retention of LPL top advisors and offices. The VP will be responsible for managing the Great Lakes (IL/IN) territory of LPL Financial advisors and branch offices with an emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her advisor relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on consulting their advisors on the value, benefits and features of LPL’s platform. By developing a thorough understanding of the advisor’s businesses, the RM will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives. Additionally the RM will act as the primary point of contact between his/her advisors and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
• It is imperative that this role develops a full understanding of the advisor, their business objectives, and impact on the organization
• Represent Business Consulting in several venues and forums throughout the year • Participate in various committees providing thoughtful insight on the business rationale of their contributions
• Responsible for creating and presenting business sessions during advisor conferences and for the use of other Relationship Managers
• Lead by example in the face of changing priorities
• Create and implement a successful framework for managing potential change.
• Present complex topics for discussion across multiple functions and adeptly speak to multiple sides of issues in order to drive informed decision making
• Engage in high level strategic discussions with both advisors and the executive team
• Partner with internal and external customers on needs assessment • Integrate and direct people, practices and processes (often across multiple functions and business units) to achieve departmental goals
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably in a sales or progressive client service/relationship management role
• Series 7 and 63
• Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
• Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
• Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
• Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability
• Able to translate high level business directives into operational procedures
• Participation on project teams providing the advisor point of view and making judgments and recommendations regarding timing, content, and delivery methodologies
• Budget and expense management of territory
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.