VP, Strategic Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-007933 Date posted: 02/12/2020 Primary Location IL-Remote Other Locations FL-Remote , GA-Remote , IN-Remote ,KS-Remote
The VP, Business Development Consultant within LPL's Business Development division will drive sales by identifying and aiding in the recruitment of premium segment financial advisors and teams. This position is responsible for attracting leading advisors to join LPL from the top global banks, wirehouses, and RIAs. This is a unique opportunity to help establish the firm’s presence in this segment of the market.
- Develop sales and recruiting strategies; research, source, and engage with prospects.
- Identify new prospective advisors within the target segment by making initial sales calls, as well as respond to inquiries
- Individually own certain advisor segments of the pipeline from initial contact to the advisor joining LPL working in close partnership with Regional Directors and Division Managers
- Meet with prospective advisors to effectively demonstrate LPL’s unique value proposition and address any questions or concerns
- Expertly navigate long sales cycles, often with multiple buying influences
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment in evaluating potential advisors to determine whether the advisor and their book of business is an appropriate candidate for LPL
- Train and educate internal staff on the nuances of recruiting premium segment wirehouse and bank advisors, as well as coaching the team on the competitive landscape and what hurdles we need to overcome in order to win the business
- Continually improve and evaluate recruitment practices, ideas, opportunities, and affinity partnerships to increase ability to source women advisors
- Understand and articulate LPL’s business model, LPL’s policies, the financial services industry, and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options
- Partner with the BD leadership team on the continued evolution of LPL’s offering and capabilities to establish ourselves as the leading solution in the market
- Identify external organizations, local events, and conferences that create new sourcing channels, and attend events on behalf of LPL and the Business Development group
- Serve as a subject matter expert who can empower LPL’s business development team through consultation and partnership, and by providing them with resources to attract premium segment candidates in their territories
- Design, experiment, and test new approaches to attract diverse candidates
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends, and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, with a high level of proficiency in the RIA marketplace and in working with wirehouse advisors
- A successful track record of managing and closing complex sales
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, polished, professional demeanor
- Series 7, 66, and 24 preferred
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Superior verbal, written, and listening skills, with an ability to adapt to different audiences
- Consultative and relationship building skills a must
- Team-player with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Previous experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute, and implement strategies that you designed
- Strong familiarity with the MS Office suite and Salesforce
- Willingness and ability to travel 60% of the time
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.