AVP, Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-008771 Date posted: 02/10/2020 Primary Location IN-Remote Other Locations IL-Remote
The role of the AVP and Regional Director is responsible for recruiting Financial Advisors to the LPL Financial Platform. The Regional Director will work with internal associates to source new leads, work with existing leads to move them through the pipeline in addition to managing relationships with LPL recruiting branches.
- Meet with advisors face-face in the territory – 60% travel required.
- Leverage technology to develop a consistent marketing plan.
- Heavy use of technology to manage the pipeline.
- Attend Home Office Visits.
- Lead a team with an internal recruiter and cold caller.
- Manage relationships with third party recruiting firms.
- Drive out sized capture of advisor churn
- Bachelor’s degree required, and advanced industry certification preferred (CFP, MBA).
- 5+ years in outside sales, preferably in Financial Services Business Development or Wholesaling.
- Experience working for a broker dealer, wirehouse, and/or custodian.
- Track record of success in sales.
- Strong understanding and passion for the financial industry and financial planning process overall
- Effective prospecting skills
- Enthusiastic, polished professional demeanor
- Superior communication skills
- Superior relationship building skills
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.