AVP, Regional Director of Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-006950 Date posted: 08/22/2019 Primary Location KS-Remote Other Locations MO-Remote
The Assistant Vice President, Regional Director of Business Development is responsible for recruiting high quality financial advisors to the LPL Financial Platform across all channels of distribution (corporate RIA and hybrid RIA). This position will be responsible for recruiting in Kansas City and St. Louis, and we are considering candidates located in either areas.
The candidate must have a deep pool of existing relationships that they can prospect from, as well as an extensive network of centers of influence that can be leveraged for referrals. The candidate must exhibit the highest levels of professional comportment, technical expertise, ethical standards, and be a strong follower as well as a leader in the field.
Additionally, the candidate must have the capacity to maintain an exceptionally high pace of activity and be able to nimbly consume and leverage data analytics in order to operate effectively and efficiently.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
- Lead a team comprised of an internal recruiter and a business development associate (cold-caller) to achieve targeted business results.
- Manage a recruiting pipeline and effectively transition candidates from initial contact to LPL affiliation with speed and efficiency. The candidate will create his/her pipeline through a variety of sources such as: self-directed outbound calling, wholesaler referrals, third party recruiting firms, firm-directed marketing campaigns, advisor referrals, and networking with LPL recruiting branches.
- Communicate the LPL value proposition to recruits while effectively overcoming objections and comparing/contrasting the LPL offering to competitive offerings.
- Evaluate advisor practices to ensure transferability of assets and adherence to corporate compliance and affiliation standards.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to compile and present competitive economic offerings in partnership with the firm’s Advisor Capital team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of field-based activity (60-80% travel required), while also performing functions required of a corporate employee.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships critical to success in the role. Examples would include: product management, compliance, finance, transition partners, new client onboarding, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and advanced industry certification preferred (CFP, MBA).
- 5+ years in a field-based broker/dealer business development role (preferred) or asset management wholesaling (secondary).
- Experience working for a broker dealer, wirehouse, and/or custodian.
- Verifiable track record of success in sales and strong endorsements/recommendations.
- Strong familiarity with SalesForce (preferred) and the ability to effectively utilize a CRM to manage his/her pipeline and to reflect pipeline progress.
- Enthusiastic, polished, and professional demeanor
- Superior communication skills – verbal and written
- Exceptional relationship management skills as well as a collaborative mindset
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.