AVP, Regional Transition Partner (Remote - Midwest Territory)Apply Job ID: R-002504 Date posted: 04/06/2018 Primary Location KS-Remote Other Locations IL-Remote
The AVP, Regional Transition Partner for LPL will work remotely and travel to cover a broad Midwest territory - North Texas, KS, MO, IL, IN, MI, WI, IA, NE, SD, MN
The AVP, Regional Transitions Partner (RTP) will work closely with the Business Development sales team to build strong relationships with prospective LPL Financial advisors, and then lead the advisor through their transition and assimilation to LPL Financial. The RTP will be responsible for designing and executing the new advisor’s transition and assimilation plan in order to maximize ramp and client satisfaction. This effort includes ensuring that new advisors know how to utilize our tools and technology that applicable to their business model.
In addition to managing the client experience, the RTP must be able to engage in strategic and operational discussions with advisors, their staff, and the LPL executive team. The ideal candidate will be solutions-oriented, and able to deal with difficult situations as well as conduct difficult conversations.
The role of the RTP is to oversee the new advisor transition and assimilation process which includes collaborating with a number of different departments across the firm. The goals are to deliver a high quality client experience, expedite the transition of the advisor’s clients and accounts, and help the advisor set up their practice for success at LPL Financial. Lastly, the RTP will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives to help evolve the overall onboarding, transition, and assimilation process.
- Partner with the Business Development Recruiters to understand the prospect’s needs, and plan and execute the transition and assimilation
- Manage the relationship and experience of new financial advisors and firms during their transition and assimilation into LPL
- Execute multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Identify opportunities and create solutions to expedite and improve the transition and assimilation process
- Understand, utilize, and stay current with our technology, industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related discipline required
- Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66
- 10 years of experience in financial services; preferably in a client service, relationship management, or sales capacity
- Prior experience with transitioning advisors and books of business is ideal
- Strong FINRA and SEC compliance knowledge a plus
- Proven experience managing complex business projects and resources
- Project management expertise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable with traveling 50% of the time
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.