Vice President - Relationship Management
Do you act as trusted consultant and an extension of the advisor’s team?
Can you understand an advisor’s business structure, metrics and business intelligence?
Do you consistently drives a differentiated advisor experience through servant leadership and responsive, advisor-focused- culture?
If so, then this role is for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Relationship Management division is accountable for advisor satisfaction and retention. There are multiple strategies, tactics and metrics the Relationship Management team utilizes to drive those two outcomes. Each VP – Relationship Management (VPRM) supports a territory of 120 and 150 independent advisors with assets between $8B – $12B and acts as a primary business partner, connector, and loyalty strategist.
- Develop a master understanding of the advisor, their business objectives and their impact on the organization
- Drive overall advisor satisfaction, revenue and asset growth, profitability; introduce LPL Financial services and products
- Prepare and curate business strategies and engagements at LPL conferences throughout the year
- Support internal partners and programs through strategic connection and referrals
- Assist the Business Development team with recruiting opportunities representing Relationship Management and the firm
- Host advisors at our headquarters locations to further develop relationships and strategic awareness
- Engage in frequent interactions with LPL executive leadership and management across the organization to achieve outcomes and increase firm-wide understanding of our advisors’ businesses
- Participate in various internal committees and project teams providing thoughtful insight and advisor perspective while recommending timing, content and delivery methodologies
- Embrace change and competing priorities to ensure both LPL’s and the advisor’s expectations are met; present complex topics for discussion across multiple functions and adeptly speak to multiple sides of issues in order to drive informed decision-making
- Understand industry trends, products, platforms, resources and opportunities
- Demonstrate the highest levels of engagement and peer leadership within the team
- Conduct comprehensive annual Business Assessments and detailed reviews with advisors
- Document advisor activities, business opportunities, communications in the Salesforce CRM on a timely basis
- Develop a response plan to maintain or improve advisor satisfaction, overall sentiment and attrition risk
- Understand all areas related to the management of a successful practice including systems, technology, roles, responsibilities, marketing, sales process, product knowledge and financial planning with specific expertise in product & platform, advisor workflow, regulatory training and service and operations
- Create and execute regular travel rotations maximizing effectiveness and meeting the demands of covered advisors
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably in a B2B sales and/or progressive client service, relationship management, practice consultant role
- High level awareness of industry competitors across channels including platforms, services, systems and products
- Series 7 required; Series 66 required within 120 days
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (advisor-facing and executive-facing), follow-through and organizational skills
- Experience operating a Contact Management System, specifically Salesforce
- Experience with SmartSheet, Microsoft Teams as well as standard MS Office Applications such as Excel and Word
- Ability to travel is required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.