AVP, IAI Sourcing & TrainingApply Job ID: R-013151 Date posted: 03/29/2021 Primary Location NJ-Remote
LPL Financial is looking for a highly creative individual to spearhead our efforts in sourcing and training new-to-the-industry Advisors for our Business Development group. As AVP, IAI Training and Sourcing, you will be responsible for building programs to identify and place high potential candidates with existing LPL practices and developing, implementing, and facilitating core skills training that help maximize junior advisor productivity.
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly skilled in building strategic programs to address business needs, is an effective communicator who is comfortable coaching and facilitating both large and small group sessions, has experience as an advisor, and has a strategic growth mindset. The preferred location for this position is based in San Diego, CA or Austin, Texas; it will require periodic travel.
- Help new advisors jumpstart their career in the financial services industry through screening, training, mentorship, and peer-to-peer interactions designed to position them for success
- Design and implement LPL’s efforts to source early career advisors, including developing an approach for pairing candidates with existing Advisor practices looking to expand
- Facilitate core skills training, mentoring, and development programs offered to early career advisors, including leading distant and in-person training to both large and small audiences with a variety of backgrounds.
- Leverage metrics and feedback to identify learnings that you use to enhance the outcome for all those who engage in IAI programs.
- Build curriculum related to core skills programs, and continuously enhancing the content to stay current and relevant
- Create and maintain virtual content for access through the program’s learning management system
- Actively market IAI’s programs (internally and externally) to drive awareness of the value each brings
- Uncover and implement opportunities that make the program run smoothly while increasing the value and experience for the end users
- Leverage technology opportunities to achieve program objectives
- Travel as needed and directed to achieve program outcomes
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Help identify opportunities to scale the program to achieve its strategic vision
- Previous experience as a Financial Advisor strongly preferred
- Intellectually curious and strong strategic competencies
- Series 7 and Series 66 preferred
- Strong, creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, or a related field
- Software/System Skills
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.