Advisor Technology Service Consultant, East CoastApply Job ID: R-006550 Date posted: 06/03/2019 Primary Location NJ-Remote Other Locations CT-Remote , MA-Remote , MD-Remote ,NC-Remote
The Advisor Technology Service Consultant works with Independent Financial Advisors who have contracted with LPL for IT Managed Services. This position will be responsible for being an advocate for established customers of our service, including managing escalations, developing relationships with the Advisors, overall retention of clients to our service, and identifying quality improvements for our service from feedback. In addition, this role will take part in sales activities for new prospects, including participating in presentations of our services, assisting in proposal development, and overseeing deployment events for customers within the assigned region. A blend of business and technical, the right candidate will have business and relationship management acumen while having technical capabilities with typical office IT systems including Office 365, Windows & Mac OS, remote management agents, and end point security software.
• Acts as a liaison between the client, LPL services, and vendors providing technology services to our clients.
• Oversees / Project Manages field deployments for clients remotely, or onsite, as needed. Works with third party staff (field support) at offices to ensure objectives are met
• Ensure/improve client satisfaction to promote client retention.
• Meets regularly with clients’ key managers and Advisors to obtain feedback on technology services
• Acts as point of escalation for service related issues, potentially after hours or on weekends, as needed.
• Works with internal departments to ensure administrative duties (hardware/software purchases, order tracking) are completed
• Contracts review, monitoring usage of support hours, monthly invoicing and accounts receivable.
• Acts as project manager for Advisor initiatives, working closely with engineers, LPL project managers and 3rd party vendors.
• Consult with advisors to understand practice needs and recommend appropriate services to meet those needs
• With little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of LPL's offerings, Sponsor products, market dynamics and industry trends
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Regional travel to customer sites up to 50%
Qualifications / Experience:
• BA/BS degree in computer science, business or related field
• Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in Managed IT Services and/or IT Field Services
• Strong technical knowledge of end-user technologies (Office 365 platform, end-point security, device management, remote management agents)
• Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
• Experience with Financial Services companies in the SMB space a plus (Broker Dealers, Insurance Brokers, RIAs, Hedge Funds)
Technical Requirements / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of Windows Operating systems, small office networking systems, workstation configurations and user based cloud technology
• Intermediate experience with MS Azure O365 tenant management
• Experience with financial services applications / trading environments a plus
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com or similar CRM tool a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.