AVP, Business Development - InsuranceApply Job ID: R-016268 Date posted: 08/03/2021 Primary Location NC-Remote
Position: AVP, Regional Business Development - Insurance
Our Regional Business Development professional will be responsible for driving sales in a designated territory. The role combines two distinct areas of responsibility. First, proactive efforts to identify and recruit top insurance producers from within LPL’s advisor base. Those targeted advisors would have successful histories of selling certain amounts of insurance but have been doing it outside of LPL. Second, proactive efforts to build and maintain relationships with the existing top insurance producers in the region. That would include monitoring large cases within the territory and taking action to assist with case closings.
This position will also serve as the "face" of our insurance business to advisors in the field. That includes representing the team at various LPL conferences, conducting webinars for targeted advisor teams and institutions, and supporting the team’s other outreach efforts.
Lastly, this position will also function as an informal leader within the region. Responsibilities there include regular contact with other insurance and annuity team professionals, as well as building relationships with other LPL business consultants across other disciplines. Assistance will be needed periodically for onboarding larger producing groups or advisors and working with LPL’s recruiting efforts to educate new recruits on the LPLIA offering.
Some of the activities and strategies that will be used to successfully grow insurance include:
- 1:1 meetings, small to mid- size group meetings, prospecting phone calls, targeted sales campaigns, webinars and client events.
- The role will be approximately 75% phone/video call based and 25% field work. The phone work will consist primarily of proactively reaching out to advisors in their respective territory in order to build relationships and drive LPL Insurance sales.
- The field work will primarily consist of face to face advisor meetings, small group meetings, LPL workshops/conferences and some larger group settings.
- The position requires extensive phone and video call work that will include making daily outbound sales calls to prospect for top insurance producers. This includes methodical profiling, consistent outreach and follow-up, and targeted marketing campaigns.
- This position will require hosting and presenting on conference calls and webinars in order to drive sales results. This role requires the ability to match style, tone and pace with many different types of advisors across various experience levels.
- This position involves tracking large cases within the region and proactively working with the team and the advisor to move cases to closing.
- The position requires some travel to LPL advisor office, branches, seminars and conferences.
- This position will partner with management, the sales organization, LPL departments and our insurance carriers to drive forward the business plan to achieve sales goals.
- This position will assist other business units with insurance-related questions and requests, as needed. Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on life insurance.
- The position will participate in various departmental projects, when assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Series 6 (or 7) and 63, Life Insurance license required
- CLU, ChFC, or CFP, or willingness to obtain
- 10+ years life insurance sales or brokerage experience
- Microsoft Office Suite - Intermediate level
- Winflex or other multiple insurance carrier illustration systems
- Ability to Interact well with all departments inside of LPL Financial
- Excellent phone communication and interpersonal skills required
- Presentation and business planning experience required
- Self-disciplined, with ability to be proactive with strong follow-up mentality
- Ability to handle high volume and fast paced environment
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.