Human Resources Business PartnerApply Job ID: R-012296 Date posted: 12/31/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations NC-Remote
We are seeking a HR leader to drive dynamic change and continued business growth! This is a HR business partner role to work with our new Employee Advisor team to help build out this new model. This leader will act as an individual contributor aligning with the senior leadership team to facilitate business and HR strategy execution. This role also ensures development, delivery and alignment of Human Capital products and services to support achievement of business objectives. The Business Partner will also act as an internal consultant to senior leaders on all talent management, organizational development, performance management, and compensation issues in partnership with other teams within the Human Capital organization.
Key areas of focus:
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive HR strategies, policies, and practices in support of company and client group business plans in the areas of leadership development, workforce planning, compensation, talent and performance management, change management, employee engagement, retention, professional development and diversity.
- Advise business leaders on both strategic and tactical plans to support their business goals.
- Lead and participate in special and cross-functional project teams and assignments as necessary, often partnering with Compensation & Benefits, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Real Estate, and Corporate Communications.
- Acts as the voice of the internal and external client to facilitate improvements to LPL's HR policies, benefits, initiatives, processes, etc.
- Responsible for overall Human Capital leadership: focusing on employee engagement and providing support, coaching, mentorship, feedback, and development to business leaders.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to the business on complex problems.
- Identifying and acting on key metrics for decision-making.
- Prepare and maintain materials to support initiatives with the client.
- Develop methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and special projects.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced level degree preferred
- 10+ years professional level experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years in an HR management role.
- Proficient in Strategic HR practices such as Leadership Development, Change Management, Performance Management, Teaming, Business Partnering as well as solid HR Generalist skills such as Employee Relations, Talent Development, and Project Management
- Experience working with fast paced dynamic sales organizations or financial services industry strongly preferred.
- PHR, SPHR preferred, not required
- Microsoft Office Products proficient
- Human Resource Management Systems (Workday) - proficient
- Applicant Tracking Systems - proficient
- May involve up to 30% travel
- Position interacts with senior leadership from client business units; will also interface with employees, supervisors and managers. Will regularly partner with other areas of Human Capital including Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Communications and Real Estate. May interface with external agencies (employment, governmental), internal and external counsel.
- Must be extremely organized, self-motivated, and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with personnel matters.
- Successful candidates will possess superior consultative and influencing skills, superior verbal/written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, project management skills and the ability to thrive and execute on HR operations items.
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple priorities, work independently and as a team in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.