Desktop Support AnalystApply Job ID: R-015355 Date posted: 07/15/2021 Primary Location KS-Olathe
Are you interested in providing top-notch IT support to our LPL employees, using problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology and being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, this is your opportunity to be part of a great team!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
At LPL Financial, we care about our employees! The Desktop Support Analyst primary function is to provide IT Support to LPL internal employees, resolving or escalating issues in a timely and professional manner over multiple channels of communication. Secondarily, this role will support and participate in internal IT activities such as helping rollout and drive user adoption to new technologies, ensuring new hires success with IT needs when they start at LPL, and assist in building a robust knowledge base that we be leveraged as we introduce automation and AI.
- Provides Tier 2 support for end-user computing devices for LPL employees and Contingent workers in multiple offices and functions as an escalation point for the Tier 1 support.
- Responds to incidents and requests within a ticketing system, providing resolution within a complex fast-paced business environment.
- Deploys and troubleshoots end user computing devices including laptops, desktops, printers, MFPs and wireless devices that are aligned within the Home Office Security Policy.
- Reimage computers/hard drives in accordance with standards.
- Perform Move, Add, and Change functions including installation and decommission.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot MAC/Apple based operating systems and proprietary applications.
- Configures and supports remote users including VPN client and connectivity.
Provides customer training and knowledge documentation.
- Complies with and supports ITIL change-incident-problem management processes and work instructions.
- Troubleshoots incidents and fulfills requests within established SLAs.
- Adheres to Desktop and End User Computing processes, procedures, policies, and job aids.
- Provides a high touch, business aware, personalized, world-class customer service that extends to executive and senior level support.
- Partner with Business Units, Active Directory, Messaging, Network, Engineering, Information Security, Service Desk and vendors.
- Perform asset inventory activities as needed.
- Able to work with minimal instruction on day-to-day operations and general instruction on new assignments from management.
- Provide exceptional customer service to LPL internal business partners by troubleshooting IT related problems from LOB application, MS Suite and VPN for remote users, to hardware such as mobile phones, laptops, PCs and printers.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles, and standard operating procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement by thinking out of the box for potential solutions or ideas around reducing volume to the service desk and contribute to our knowledge base by writing and submitting KB articles.
What are we looking for?
We want eager technologists who possess and apt for troubleshooting all ranges of technical issues, while providing excellent customer service. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and comfortable interfacing with senior executives, executing a world-class experience and delivering value to the business.
- Two years of Tech Support experience or relevant experience.
- An Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Boot Camp in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong communicator with excellent documentation, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains, Microsoft Office, Office 365, corporate networks, and mobile device technology.
- Working knowledge of various Windows OS and hardware for PC environments, principles and terminology of networking and mobile technologies.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.