Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Employee Relations professional to fill the role of VP, Employee Relations (ER). The VP, ER is a new addition to the team, and will be responsible for developing and implementing practices to support the ER strategy. This role requires an individual who can bring their expertise, business acumen and innovative mindset to help evolve the ER function. The VP, ER will be a working manager, and oversee a team of ER consultants and leave/accommodation specialists. Employee Relations is a highly cross-functional and collaborative function within a dynamic, Human Capital organization.
- Act as the primary point of contact for ER and leave/accommodation related escalations from the ER team and business unit leadership
- Effectively build relationships with the team, business partners and the business
- Manage the performance and development of the ER team, with a focus on skill-building and strengthening competencies
- Demonstrate sound judgment when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Drive outcomes that have meaningful effect on the team and the business
- Oversee and conduct workplace investigations, and partner with the Compliance, Legal and Risk business unit on shared investigations
- Assist and participate in conducting sensitive/escalated disciplinary meetings and preparing written warnings and related documentation
- Regularly report ER risks, trends and insights to the business
- Assist senior management with the execution of risk and controls related matters and internal audits, as needed
- Vendor management for third party leave administration and the ER matter management system
- Assess viability of ER matter management system and partner with the HR Technology team to assess and implement an alternate system solution
- In partnership with the Employment Law team, deliver annual workplace investigations and other training as needed, to the ER team
- Partner with the Employment Law team on employment compliance initiatives
- Partner with the Human Capital Risk team to review and draft ER-specific, standard operating procedures
- Assist with other initiatives and projects as directed
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 10 years of Employee Relations experience in a similar role, with a strong background in Employee Relations and Human Resources
- Employment law experience – particularly California employment/labor law
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with managing an Employee Relations team
- Experience with conducting workplace investigations and initiating related reports
- Experience with creating and analyzing metrics-based reports, and formulating data-driven insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
The salary range is dependent on a number of factors, including the applicant’s skill, experience, and work location.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.