VP, Regional Wealth ConsultantApply Job ID: R-008013 Date posted: 11/07/2019 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations CA-Sacramento , CA-San Francisco
This position serves as the "face" of LPL’s Advisory and Wealth Consulting Services to advisors in the field.
The primary objective of the employee in this role will be to facilitate, educate, coach, and train advisors and their staffs on the benefits of LPL’s advisory/fee-based platforms, with the goal of increasing advisors knowledge, acceptance, usage, and effectiveness of a holistic Wealth Management practice. The primary means of measurement as to the effectiveness of the employee will be increased advisory platform adoption, penetration and sales, as measured versus the territory's goal for Northern California.
Roles and Responsibilities
* 12 – 14 client meetings each week
* The expectation of the VP, RWC role is that 80% of your time is spent in the field interacting with clients
* Increase advisory sales across a broad based territory comprised of LPL advisors within multiple channels (IAR, RIA).
* Meet sales objectives for the assigned territory.
* Travel within the assigned territory a minimum of 3.5 days per week.
* Leverage sponsor partners in the field to bring value added education to advisors in the form of small group workshops on topics ranging from practice management, business development, and investment related themes.
* Represent the outlook and themes of LPL Research in the field.
* Partner with IAS Business Development teams to assist in recruiting
* Participate in Home Office Visits, both home office based and those exported to the field.
* Participate as a representative of Advisory Consulting at LPL and industry events LPL Conferences
Our team’s reputation for partnership is well known across the firm and with our sponsor partners. We should be collaborating within the firm and leveraging resources where possible.
As part of the Wealth Management Organization, the role requires interacting and representing various lines of business including:
* Financial Planning
* Advisory and Product Consulting
* Financial Planning
* Private Trust Company
* Private Client Services
* Insurance and Annuity Services
Minimum Experience Required: 5 - 7 years (focus in: Financial Services,
Wholesaling, Financial Advisor, Recruiting)
Detailed knowledge of investments, fee-based platforms, asset management firms and competing broker/dealers is preferred.
Communication skills are extremely important. Excellent verbal skills, as well as excellent presentation skills are a must.
Demonstrated sales success is highly desired.
Licenses/Certifications Required: FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 or 66 required.
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
Other: Salesforce CRM experience will be helpful
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.