AccountantApply Job ID: R-001922 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Staff Accountant will be a key player in the Shared Services G&A Accounting group and report to the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and providing accounting support and analysis for General and Administrative expenses of LPL Investment Holdings and its subsidiaries. The Staff Accountant will assist in implementing process improvements to help the team streamline and enhance efficiencies and shift its focus to analyzing and communicating results and providing proactive customer service.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the monthly closing process, including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and review activities
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Support financial statement consolidations for actual, plan and reforecast information
- Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- Manage processes and controls related to G&A expenses
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience, with 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate well across business functions
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
- Experience in public accounting and broker-dealers preferred
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task are essential
- Demonstrated work ethic and proven track record of results
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate Excel and Access proficiency
- Experience working with Oracle and Excel Spreadsheet Server a plus
- Experience working with auto-reconciliation tools, i.e. Trintech or Blackline a plus
- CPA license a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.